December 2013 Moms

Baby won't stay in bed & we share a studio!

I live in a basement apartment that is literally one huge room. In an attempt to make my 1 1/2 year old daughter a "room", I had a baby gate built to fence her into a space with her crib, toy box & play space. Here's my problem:
She can now crawl out of her crib AND over the gate, meaning she can "escape" & has access to the rest of the room, which poses two problems:
1. It could be unsafe because, let's be honest, it's impossible to baby proof everything.
2. She's now begging to come sleep in my bed, which is A. Annoying & B. A problem when I have to leave her with a babysitter.

Does anyone share a studio with their toddler? How do you combat this problem.

Re: Baby won't stay in bed & we share a studio!

• I have the exact same problems .. I have to force him to lay down to go to bed. Then I stand there and pat him till he sleeps. I introduced a stuffed animal as reccomended but sometimes he just throws it. Also, I had to take him to the ER because he climbed the gate once and hit his head very hard. I pretty much just fight him constantly till bed time...some people reccomend crib toppers though for the crib part.