February 2016 Moms
Options

Announcing

Hello Ladies!

Finally 12w1d can we finally announce or should we wait another week or so??

Re: Announcing

• Options
    Announce when you feel comfortable doing so. 

Some people have already done it, some have done it on a limited basis, and some have kept quiet. We've been telling close friends and family for over a month at this point as we are trying to tell as many people as we can in person. We'll probably announce on social media after next month's appointment.
  • Options
    Go for it if you want to! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's up to you when to announce! I'm 13 weeks today and we announced yesterday. We may have done it earlier but we were waiting to get the little baby Converse that we ordered online for our announcement.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Options
    wisco29wisco29 member
    edited July 2015
    It's up to you when you announce
  • Options
    I am 9w 4d. I was planning to tell work around August 15th. Well today 2 of my upperlevel coworkers quit. We are about to get super busy and then our next busy season is February to April. We are definitely going to have to hire to get through the seasons. My question is should I go ahead and tell my boss so he knows he will be losing my OT hours and me during busy season and he may want to consider when doing a counteroffer to my soon to be ex coworkers? If I keep quiet I may get promoted to the open position, if I tell them I am expecting and due in February I am sure I will get passed up for promotion.
  • Options
    My job has had a lot of people quit just in the last 4 weeks. I was planning on waiting a couple more weeks to tell coworkers but I decided to let my boss know now because of all the recent changes. I'm so glad I did. She was super appreciative and I asked her not to tell anyone and of course she agreed. Plus I think it shows them that you care about your job in the long term. Now I feel better cause my conscious is clear and I don't have to worry about the hiring decisions she makes since she has the whole picture now. I think you'll feel much better if you do tell.
  • Options
    I'm 12+1 too! We started telling the people we wanted to tell face to face yesterday and will probably post something on social media in a couple weeks once we've covered all our bases. It honestly feels really good to tell people and everyone is so excited which, in turn, has gotten us even more excited. I say go for it!
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    I know this is terrible, but my boss already knows so i'm thinking of just waiting to tell everyone else at work until I get so big that  someone has to ask...then, possibly deny it just to see their faces hahaha. We joke around a lot st work so I think it would be hilarious! Then again, I doubt I'll be able to keep it a secret just for the sake of a joke :p
  • Options
    We will be 12 weeks next Thursday and I think we will announce on Facebook then. As we have our 12 Week ultrasound to check to see if the baby is looking good. If all goes well there we will put it on facebook.