Pregnant after IF

***2nd tri check-in- 7/27/15

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this epically long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

QOTW: How did you know your SO/DH was the one for you?

Special thoughts are being sent out to @Somewhereinafrica due to her weekend scare. We hope you and LO are doing better and have been released from the hospital. 

@MrsBwIvf- EDD 12/21/15 with two beans- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sexes
@andimegie325- EDD 1/10/16 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@somewhereinafrica- EDD? with one bean- awaiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@MarnieF- EDD1/12/16 with one little lady!
@Emcarl24- EDD 1/21 with one bean- awaiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex

Re: ***2nd tri check-in- 7/27/15

• No updates this week, which I suppose is a good thing! But we are all so used to being constantly monitored that it feels a little boring. 
    This week, we finally picked out our cribs and a new dresser for the nursery. Our week 20 will be extremely busy with ordering the furniture, painting the nursery, and finding some cute sex specific items.

QOTW: I had known DH for over 3 years before we started dating, so we knew each other pretty well. I knew he was the one when we were only dating a couple of months and I could picture his face waiting at the end of the aisle. I had never been able to picture any serious b/f's faces in that way. 10 months after we started dating, we were engaged and then a year and a half later we were married. One of the few positives about our infertility journey is that it only solidified how perfect we are for each other. It showed me just how wonderful, supportive and just overly amazing he is.
  • emcarl24emcarl24 member
    edited July 2015
    No updates here either. Next appt is Thursday. I stil get nervous before every appointment, like I can't quite believe we're really here.

QOTW: I met DH in high school. We were friends then and stayed in touch after. I moved across the country and he stayed at home, so we fell out of touch a bit after college. We met again one thanksgiving while I was home for the holiday. After hanging out with old friends one night, we realized we had spent the whole night talking. It was like no time had passed. It sounds silly, but I knew he was the one right then. Now we've been friends for 22 years and together for 7. Everyday I love him more. Our struggle to start our own family just showed me that we can handle anything. (Woah that got sappy. Sappy but true)
  • Loading the player...
  • @emcarl24, good luck on Thursday!

And not sappy, it's the truth! When you go through this rough and long journey together and make it out the other side stronger as a couple, that's an amazing feat!
  • 16 weeks tomorrow (I.e. In a little over an hour!). Still a couple weeks away from my next app't. I need to call my doc tomorrow, though, to ask if she has any recommendations for my allergies. I'm already taking two 24-hour Zyrtecs per day (which is normal for me through spring and summer) but I'm still sneezy and stuffy (which is not normal!).

QOTW: heh. DH and I met via JDate. He first wrote me in 2007, and I didn't respond because I suck. In 2008 we were at the same Shabbat service and dinner, both with SOs, and he recognized me from JDate....but I have no recollection of meeting him that night. In 2009, we were both single again and back on JDate, and he wrote me again and this time I answered, and we went out a few times before I told him I thought he was a great guy who'd make some lucky girl very happy someday, I just didn't think it would be me. He was very respectful and understanding, and offered to se me up with a friend who never ended up calling me. In 2010, he met up with that friend and asked if he'd ever contacted me, and the friend said no. So he decided to get in touch with me again. Our first date that time around was right before Thanksgiving. For New Year's (which was a Fricay night), we just stayed in and had Shabbat dinner at my place and watched Wall-E on TV. And I realized that it was the best New Year's I'd ever had, and I knew I was in love with him. And it wasn't long after that when I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. It took until Feb 2012 for him to propose, though!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • @marnief, your story kind of reminds me of When Harry Met Sally! So cute!!!!!
  • Nothing new to report for week 16really. next appointment is next Friday before we head up to Maine. I already have indigestion constantly. Already. I also woke up on my back a few nights ago and had the spins wicked bad, like all-night tequila shots bad, so I went out and bought a body pillow the next day to hopefully curb how frequently I lay flat out. It's been good for the last two nights at least!

QOTW: I met DH through a mutual friend. I grew up with the friend, but we ended up going to different high schools. After graduation he finally introduced me to his buddies from school, who happened to be DH and his whole family. We all hung out on a regular basis from parties to camping and holidays. About 1.5 years after my initiation as it were, DH finally asked me out. Come to find out, the whole point of me being introduced to the group was to hook me up with DH. AND come to find out, the friend who did it really wanted me for himself and he threw an absolute hissy fit when hubs and I started dating. Mind you, I had known this kid for 11 years and it was never expressed (or even an option in my book, as cruel as it sounds, he was friend zoned from day one.) so, needless to say 10 years later and I have a wonderful relationship with an amazing man who I couldn't love more and one less friend. But at least he got one thing right!

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Hello Ladies!

Have an appointment in about 2 hrs. Going to see how things are going.
    We had our big scan on Monday and things were looking more hopeful. Baby was big and wiggly and unaffected by the recent drama if his little environment.

They saw an active sub placental bleed and a pretty large hematoma. Both at the bottom end of the placenta right near the cervix. Not the best location. So I have been flat on my back and not moved since Friday! No standin, sitting, rolling! I stopped bleeding all day yesterday! And can't wait to see what is going on and hopefully now be able to at least roll and maybe walk to the bathroom as bedpans have just about taken away the last bit of dignity a woman can have ...!

I'm trying to keep positive but it's very hard.
    I have been told o have to leave! Leave my home, work and dogs, and move back to Europe! I can't go home as we live to far from a hospital and the roads are to bad. So I am waiting it out in the capital in the homes of friends until I can fly. It's so devastating, as much as I am grateful my baby has a chance and is doing ok, of course I'll do whatever it takes. But I'm so sad to have to leave for 5 months. My whole life here will be out on hold and it is pretty hard pill to swallow.

My husband and I meet when I was 19 and a student in London and he was working in the city. We met in a bar one evening just befor I was leaving to Kenya for 2 months. For some reason we stayed in touch and once I was back we went in one date and talked so much we forgot to even order drinks! We connected over our crazy love of travel and our love all things adventure. We moved pretty quickly from there and have been traveling and adventuring ever since.

I'll let you know what this mornings appointment says.

Oh and I had the greatest surprise at the scan!

We are having a BOY!!
  • So glad to hear things are looking better @somewhereinafrica !! I hope the temporary move isn't too hard on you, what a thing to have to deal with...but getting you to a place where you can get the best treatment will be for the best I'm sure. Congratulations on your BOY!
  • Appointment went well hematoma is shrinking but the separation is the same. I have been upgrade to rolling on my side but no walking until 5 days no bleeding. On day 2 so feeling hopeful. I had an infection so on antibiotics.

My doctor is going on holiday on Friday so moving to another clinic. Not ideal but this is a clinic I'm familiar with just a new OB.

Leaving is upsetting me majorly. Costs, logistics, delaying our adopted daughters home coming by 2 months. I'm just sad trying to keep the stress at bay but the sadness is overwhelming right now. Have to find a new doctor, research hospitals our insurance doesn't cover outside Africa and India so having to leave is a unexpected cost. We could go to UK but cost of living there is too high for us so off to Greece with my mum. Probably leaving early September.

Our adoption is the hardest part in caring for two children I have yet to meet one in me and one living in an orphanage. that is gut wrenching having to prioritize the health of myself and the baby over my daughters emotional wellbeing. My peace is she is now in a good orphanage and will be well cared for. We were expecting to bring her home to start fostering in November but we will have to wait now until end of January when we come back. That hurts so bad. Talk about motherhood guilt so early on but I know deep down there is no other choice

I try saying this out loud and everyone tries to hush me with dont get yourself upset or its all for the best. Or you do what you have to do. All valid but sometimes you just need to let out how much it sucks and how much it's not fair or right.
  • Hugs to you, @somewhereinafrica - that's a whole lot of stress at once and of course you need to vent! Holding it in isn't healthy.

Is your husband coming with you to Greece, or staying at home? Where is the orphanage, and can your DH spend time with your daughter in the meantime?

I can't imagine how hard all of this is for you. I hope that everything goes as smoothly as it can from here on out. Hopefully a year from now you'll be contentedly mothering your two children ("contentedly" despite all the work/stress involved in that!) and this part will be just one more step in the journey and already fading from your mind.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Hi - new to 2nd trimester. My EDD is 2/2/16 and the ultrasound tech thinks it's a boy ( but I'm not painting the nursery yet..... Lol). Our story is that we met and never parted. It was just meant to be.
  • @andimegie325- I think you made the right choice choosing your husband over the fickle friend!

@somewhereinafrica- CONGRATS on the boy!!! I am so HAPPY that you and baby are doing better! I was worried when we hadn’t heard from you in a while. It stinks you are on bedrest, I know how boring that can be, but remember the end goal is a healthy little one. I’m so sorry that you need to leave and move to another continent while expecting! That sounds horrible! Almost as horrible as needing to push back the adoption of your daughter. I’m sure it has been hard not feeling the early mother’s guilt but your friends and family are right, you need to take care of yourself first. That way, when you have your two bouncing kids around, you can fully enjoy them! PLEASE keep us updated! We are always here to support you.

@knottie4978096- welcome to 2nd trimester! Such an amazing feat after your long battle. Do you have any appts coming up?