June 2015 Moms

Sleepwear for summer

What are you using for sleepwear for your baby?

LO was terrible with her arms and scratching her face at night so we've been using Gerber kimono shirts with the fold over cuffs. I've also found that the long sleeve helps keep her arms in when she is swaddled.

Now we've moved from a swaddle with a receiving blanket and using a woombie zip up with the cuffed kimonos. Unfortunately LO (6 weeks) has grown completely out of the shirts. I have a couple of the sleepers with the footies but I don't think we can get away without some form of the swaddle and a long sleeve - footed sleeper due to the heat. I thought about putting her in the woombie zip up in just a diaper but I know she will get her hands out. I did see some use onesies, but do you find the snaps to be annoying for nighttime diaper changes?

Re: Sleepwear for summer

• My baby has only ever worn a onesie and a swaddle blanket to bed ever since we brought her home. We don't even own any gowns or pjs. I don't find the snaps annoying at all, but we also don't change her diaper at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• areseearesee member
    We just swaddle in a diaper, but we also swaddle with one arm out because he hates to have them both tucked in.
  • Loading the player...
  • A onesie and swaddle with both arms out because she likes them up and then I tuck a blanket over her into the bassinet to keep her on her back.
  • We put her in just a diaper and a side snap t-shirt then in her cotton sleep sack at night. Warm, but doesn't seem too steamed.
  • A onesie, side snap shirt with some pants (a little more protection for the rock n play in case of a blowout), or rarely a sleeper if the AC is up too high. We wrap her in a A&A blanket.
  • Our LO sleeps in the swaddle me with just a diaper. I feel like anything more would be too hot.
  • Our LO sleeps in the swaddle me with just a diaper. I feel like anything more would be too hot.

Our LO sleeps the exact same.
  • I put LO in a side snap long sleeve shirt, diaper in a swaddle (arms free bc she doesn't like being restricted), makes night time easier for diaper changes. You just have to remove the swaddle. :)

I recently started using a baby sleep bag (Carter's brand) as well. It's very convenient bc there's no swaddling involved and I know that she's not getting overheated.
  • LO sleeps in a short sleeve onesie, in a cotton sleep sack. Her body will be so hot but her feet will be freezing. I don't know how to keep her feet warm because her socks always come off. Sometimes if she's running particularly hot I put her just in a diaper and then swaddle her.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • My L/O usually sleeps in a onesie and a swaddle sleep sack with her arms out. Some nights I put her in just her jammies. Depends on my mood. She does great in both and the snaps aren't a problem at night at all. I will say that her jammies with the zipper are nice, but then I'm unzipping her whole body instead of just the diaper area.
  • aresee said:

We just swaddle in a diaper, but we also swaddle with one arm out because he hates to have them both tucked in.

This.
  • Our guy sleeps on long sleeve w/ legs pajamas and no swaddle. Just jammies. He hates being swaddled, so we just stopped trying. We will cover him in a muslin blanket while he's in the swing of his feet seem cold.
  • LO sleeps in a short sleeve onesie and I swaddle him with the Aden&Anais muslin blanket. I love that they are so lightweight. On cooler nights, we have the sleep sacks which also work well. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• We do short sleeve onesie and a cotton swaddle or Woombie.
  • I wish we could use the stack of Aden + Anais blankets that we got at the shower, but she busts out of the swaddle in no time.

I think we will try out a long sleeve onesie with snaps. I feel like I still need the long sleeves to create friction from her getting her hands out. During he day she sleeps fine with her arms free but we aren't quite there for nighttime sleep.
  • My LO sleeps in just a short sleeve onesie. He doesn't like his arms or feet covered, but he always feels so warm anyway. We change his diaper every time we feed him, and the snaps are not a big deal. Anything to make our son as safe healthy and comfortable as possible is what we will do!
  • Old Navy gowns - they have sleeves with the fold over cuffs, and if it's hot, I just hike it up so her legs are uncovered.  Mind you we co-sleep, so she's pretty warm snuggled up with me, and her arms stay warm since I don't pull up the light blanket past her mid chest.
  • Typically when it's hot I've put her in a onesie and sleep sack (she has hates swaddles since week 3 so no more of those...) Sometimes her hands seem cold but haven't figured out a good solution. Her feet seem to stay warm enough in the sleep sack.

Most non-hot nights we do a full footed jammie.
  • our LO usually is just naked (in a diaper) all day and night. he sleeps in between DH and i, skin to skin with me (im a fricken space heater) on a towel (to prevent staining the sheets with his poop or my blood/milk) occasionally he will be in a shirt with the crotch snaps.
  • hoodoll82 said:

Typically when it's hot I've put her in a onesie and sleep sack (she has hates swaddles since week 3 so no more of those...) Sometimes her hands seem cold but haven't figured out a good solution. Her feet seem to stay warm enough in the sleep sack.

@hoodoll82 my little guy's hands get cold at night with him being in footy pajamas and a sleep sack so I have been putting the little anti-scratch mittens on him. He'll partially pull them off sometimes, but for the most part they do the trick.
  • KarasTwin said:

hoodoll82 said:

Typically when it's hot I've put her in a onesie and sleep sack (she has hates swaddles since week 3 so no more of those...) Sometimes her hands seem cold but haven't figured out a good solution. Her feet seem to stay warm enough in the sleep sack.

@hoodoll82 my little guy's hands get cold at night with him being in footy pajamas and a sleep sack so I have been putting the little anti-scratch mittens on him. He'll partially pull them off sometimes, but for the most part they do the trick.
    Heh, LO sucks on her fingers... I think if she had mittens on it would be a national emergency... I returned so many pairs we received! :)
  • My DD sleeps in a short sleeve onesie under the Halo sleep sack swaddle. She's needs to have her arms swaddled at night to stay asleep otherwise her arms flail or end up in her mouth and wake her up. She does often manage to get her arms out but not before 3-4 hours of good sleep. I feel her body to make sure she's not too warm each time she wakes to nurse which is when I change her diaper. Her cheeks and ears are sometimes a little chilly but not too much since we keep the AC cool but not freezing at night.
    FET to TTC #2: 9/29/14 Beta on 10/8/14 = BFP!
    DS #1 Born 1/3/11 after IVF #1
    4 failed IUIs, including 1 CP
    PCOS
    TTC since 2008

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker

• alsieralsier member
    Our LO sleeps in just a Swaddle Me and a diaper on hot nights.
  • lwyzlwyz member
    LO is usually just naked with a diaper. Sometimes we put him in a sleeper but I think he runs extra hot because he gets sweaty soooo easy. The one layer more than me is never comfortable for him.
  • Snap up Pj's. Sometimes a little blanket over her legs if it's cold, but usually just pj's.