August 2015 Moms
Options

Full moon superstitions?

So I was just curious as to if there are any mommy to be's that may be superstitious about births and full moons! Friday is a full moon! I work in an Emergency Dept and yes, when there is a full moon and the following week weird things (the crazies included) happen and the new arrival chime goes off much more often for births! I guess worse case we will have to check the announcement board to see if there is an increase in the next 4-10 days! :-)

Re: Full moon superstitions?

• Options
    I'm due on Sunday. I would be SUPER happy for it to be born this full moon!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work in L&D and I think full moons definitely get a little kooky! Of course I'll be working this weekend, though maybe my little one will join the party as well. Guess we'll see!
  • Options
    My mom went into labor with me under a full moon. Sure would be crazy to kelp that one going!

Working in a junior high, I can definitely say the kids get all kinds of kooky around a full moon!
  • Options
    I hope so!! My SO's bday is Friday. I was born on my dads birthday and have been wishing she was born that day. Then finding out its a full moon makes me really hope!!! I have an ultrasound and a cervix check on Friday as well. Fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    chavemann10chavemann10 member
    edited July 2015

Had a "skydiver" fall from the sky...3hrs later we found an empty parachute someone tossed out of a plane.

What?!... Please elaborate!
    It turned out that a home owner near the sky diving place seen a parachute coming down into a heavily wooded area. Turned out, when we got a hold of the sky dive place after we found the parachute, it was a diver who's parachute didn't open, so he ditched it and ended up using the back up parachute. He was already sky diving again when we got ahold of the pilot. Lol. It was crazy!! This was just before sunset, but I'm still firmly convinced it was the full moon. A year ago, we had a glider go down, and kill all passengers and in the same day, we actually did make a sky diver who jumped and landed wrong and she broke about half the bones in her body!

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am due August 5 ( next Wednesday ) and everyone is telling me I will have her Friday on full moon. I will definitely come back and let you know
  • Options
    I wish. Not going to happen though.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    My husband is a Correctional Officer, and says the jails go crazy on full moons! I won't say the stories on here because they are highly inappropriate, but I am definitely a firm believer in the full moon superstitions! 
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing the announcements that day. I halfway wish mine would come on the 31st, but that's still a bit early since I'm not due until the 15th.
  • Options
    I hope I'm unaffected.. I'm not due til August 28th! I still have so much to do in the next 4 weeks, he better stay put!
  • Options
    I was in the hospital last night because of contractions (the stopped and I went home), the nurse said, "Well, it's a full moon Friday. We'll probably see you then!"
  • Options
    I am due aug 28 too! @laylababe3
  • Options
    I am due August 5 ( next Wednesday ) and everyone is telling me I will have her Friday on full moon. I will definitely come back and let you know
    I'm due the same day and my mom won't stop saying i'm going to have her on the full moon. I told her to leave me alone! lol 
  • Options
    Nope. Better be no baby Friday here. I'll only be 36wks2d. Wayyyy too early.

I'm excited to see who else that is further along may go though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MEMarnMEMarn member
    I'm not due until the 23rd, so if I'm having a "full moon baby" I'd rather he skip this blue moon, and wait for the next one  (my birthday) Aug. 29th.
  • Options
    heath3er said:

I am due aug 28 too! @laylababe3

Me too Aug 28th! Still feels like a lifetime away! This will be the longest month of my life! Lol I'm okay with not sleeping if he was out.. Not sleeping for the reasons now seem pointless.

At 33wks they said my boy was a week ahead for weight at 5.6lbs so IF their right he's gonna be a big boy. I'd be ok with him coming 37wks. As long as he's healthy of course!
  • Options
    Y

I hope I'm unaffected.. I'm not due til August 28th! I still have so much to do in the next 4 weeks, he better stay put!

Next full moon is August 29th!
    You may go on the next one! :-)
  • Options
    @heath3er & @mommyofX
    Yay, due date twins! It feels so far away!! I wonder if the full moon next month will help us out..
  • Options
    Due August 7th! Wouldn't be sad to have a blue moon baby at 39 weeks! Not in a rush and totally understand the longer he cooks the better, though!
  • Options
    My MIL swears up and down that he will come on the full moon. I'm hell bent on him staying put for a few more weeks. Not due until 23rd. But last full moon quite a few of us had all kinds of crazy symptoms, aches, episodes, etc. so while I'm
    Hoping to miss out on the action of this full moon, the next full moon I'd be past due so that doesn't sound like the jam either. Likely we will see a lot of announcements Fri- Sun.

But the way I feel today, the full moon could be out at this very second. Bh, gas, and fatigue. oy!
  • Options
    I'm due the 5th too! My husband is positive she'll come on Friday. We'll see!!
  • Options
    I am due on the next one (August 29th).  Maybe he will actually show up on time!
  • Options
    I'm due on the 2nd so a full moon baby would be fine with me but a due date baby would be better. My favourite OB is on call on my due date so that would be nice.
  • Options
    I sure hope there is something to the full moon thing, I would love to have her this weekend! Not holding my breath though....
  • Options
    Wouldn't that be nice. I'm due Aug 4th, next Tuesday. So I'd be cool with that. I really would love an August baby, but I'm ready to meet my little guy too. Plus the midwife on call this weekend is amazing!
  • Options
    mrieemriee member
    I'm due on the 7th so if he comes this Friday I'm not going to complain though I'll miss my friends wedding on Saturday. My grandmother is still insisting it will happen this week and with the news that its a blue moon too I'm ever hopeful.