March 2016 Moms
Options

Cramping 6 weeks

Hi everyone! I am 6 weeks pregnant and am awake at 3am because of mild tummy cramps! I miscarried my first pregnancy last year at about 7-8 weeks so this time I go into panic mode at anything....
I have my first midwife app on 20th July and will obviously tell her about the cramps, and if they get worse will go to see her it doctor sooner...but I was wondering in the meantime if this is happening to anyone else? They don't hurt, they ate like very slight cramps similar to period pains with the sensation of pulling. They come for about 5 minutes and then go off for quite avwhile. I had the same last week which lasted a day On and off and then stopped. Would be grateful if anyone could let me know if they've had this...might be able to go back to sleep then

Re: Cramping 6 weeks

• Options
    This was happening to me, very short tiny cramp like feeling on and off for the past week or 2. I'll be 6 weeks monday. Everyone I've talked to said its normal and just your body stretching and making room, probably just that
  • Options
    I'm 6+2 and I've been having these exact same cramps for two weeks. Got an ultrasound Friday and the doc said everything looked great and that the cramps are completely normal (as long as they are not debilitating or followed by bleeding). Most likely you are feeling your uterus stretching and changing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, makes me feel much better. Every time I get them I can't help but think "here we go again" and expect them to get worse and worse and then have bleeding. I will try to chill out a bit more! Congratulations and good luck both of you xx
  • Options
    I had cramps at 5 weeks and my OB told me that unless I had bright pink blood as well there was nothing to worry about, it was just my body adjusting to the hormones. They went away a couple of days later. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I am 6 weeks and have had a terrible time with a cramping a few times. My midwife told me that cramping in early pregnancy often mimics your pms cramps or can be worse even. I woke up two nights in so much pain but only lasted a short time! Usually I have mild cramping here and there
  • Options
    BCH818BCH818 member
    This is my second time around and the cramps are much more persistent! Lower back pain, nausea, and fatigue too. I already think this time will be harder than the last.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! FTM and very nervous. I have been having cramping and spotting on and off since BFP. My hcg levels are good and I am on 400mg of progesterone once a day because of my PCOS. My doctor said not to worry about it until my first US on the 21st since levels were normal, but I just can't help it. I feel a little better that I am not the only one and that I can finally talk to someone about it since we are keeping it a secret for now.
  • Options
    Well in the early stages of pregnancy the cramping is due to it uterus being stretched they actually call it round ligament pains read about it . As far as spotting that's normal also I did the same in my first pregnancy as long as the bleeding don't continue a lot and is not picking up u will be fine but the cause of that is due to the increase of blood flow that u now have going through your body that's why even sometimes women my still have their period for the first few months I know my mom did up until she was 5months prego ...so don't worry yourself to much .
  • Options
    AleyChevezAleyChevez member
    edited July 2015
    FTM here, i have been experiencing some cramps too. Its happens on and off for about 5 minutes then goes away. Everybody says its completely normal, but i freak out almost everytime i have a cramp.
  • Options
    @channtonij, how early does the round ligament start to appear for a FTM?
  • Options
    MWM0903MWM0903 member
    edited July 2015
    I am now 7w and I have been cramping off and on for a few weeks. On Saturday, yesterday and today I had one instance each day with a TINY bit of brown mucus when I wiped. My OB thinks everything is fine but she is checking my levels just to be safe. I go tomorrow for my final draw and should have my results by this time tomorrow. I have read a lot about this and have been told not to panic. Brown is a safe color of cm if it turns pink or red that is when you should immediately be seen. Also, I am from the south and it is HOT here! My doctor said if I wasn't getting enough fluids that would also cause cramping. When I went in for my first draw yesterday the lab tech couldn't get anything out of the first vain. When she stuck me the second time it took a good minute to get one vile of blood. She really insisted that I was becoming dehydrated and that I drink MUCH more than I had been. I have tripled my liquids and the cramps have subsided. Also, my tiredness and achy boobs are back. Praying for great results tomorrow.
  • Options
    emjeveemjeve member
    STM here- I had cramping that started around 6-7 weeks with my first. Totally normal. And I remember having brown spotting for 1 day during my 10th week. Your uterus is starting to grow and its stretching the ligaments (hence round ligament pain) to make room for that growing baby inside you! This time around, I noticed the cramping right away- I actually thought I was getting my period, but instead got a BFP! You might also experience a quick, sharp pain on one or both sides of your lower abdomen when you sneeze or cough. This happened to me quite often and it can be so painful that it takes your breath away! Ouch!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wow, I'm so glade I read this. I was beginning to worry a little about the spotting as I'm 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Mines keeps coming and going this past week. First it was brownish and then light red, then brownish again. But my doc told me the same thing about increased blood flow and uterus stretching. She also told me to take it easy this week and rest a lot with plenty of water and no sex, lol, until my first ultrasound on friday
  • Options
    ejverre said:

STM here- I had cramping that started around 6-7 weeks with my first. Totally normal. And I remember having brown spotting for 1 day during my 10th week. Your uterus is starting to grow and its stretching the ligaments (hence round ligament pain) to make room for that growing baby inside you! This time around, I noticed the cramping right away- I actually thought I was getting my period, but instead got a BFP! You might also experience a quick, sharp pain on one or both sides of your lower abdomen when you sneeze or cough. This happened to me quite often and it can be so painful that it takes your breath away! Ouch!

Thanks for your input! I am also a STM but experienced none of this with my first! I am in the parking lot of my OB waiting for my last blood draw with results coming this afternoon. The cramping has subsided and I haven't had any brown spotting today (it has been happening first thing in the morning) praying for great results and a healthy baby!!
  • Options
    ejverre said:

This keeps happening to me! I was worried at first, so glad to hear I'm not the only one.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • Options
    Got my results in from my first blood draw. Nurse says everything looks great but will know more this afternoon when my 2nd set of results come in. As for my 1st draw, my pg levels were 24.6 and my hcg was in the high 4,000!
  • Options
    I'm amazed that I had never heard about this kind of cramping as a symptom before! I'm glad I read something about it offhand before it happened to me, otherwise I'd be freaking out.

It's on and off with me, never very intense but definitely noticeable. No spotting for me, though (I haven't seen any blood since my implantation bleeding).

• Options
    This is my 4th baby (5th pregnancy) and I have never had these cramps with the others! It really worried me until reading other posts here. I did have those sharp round ligament pains with the others when I'd sneeze etc, but this is just like everyone else described, mild period cramps. I too, thought I was starting my period and then got a bfp. I'm ready for them to move on though - even though I know it's normal now, it still stresses me out a little bit.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Ladies, A LOT of water REALLY helped my cramps subside. I know most of you are probably drinking a lot already. However, I upped my consumption to drinking as much as I can throughout the day. Most days I am topping out over 100 oz but like I said since I have increased that intake the cramps have stopped. Also, for some weird reason the water really helps my nausea too! 
  • Options
    Think of it like this; your baby is just remodeling so he can be comfortable for the next eight months. Lots going on in there.
  • Options
    So glad I read all of this!!!! I'm a STM and I had RLP with my first but never cramping like this! I've been so worried! I've also never heard of such a thing lol I guess it's one of those things you don't really pay attention to until it's your turn. Ugh I hope it goes away soon; I don't even cramp like this on my period!
  • Options
    ReiMaiReiMai member
    Tahnks
  • Options
    ReiMaiReiMai member
    Thanks for these tips. I'm having the same cramps almost everyday since i found out I was 4 weeks pregrant last week. I'm on my 5th week already and and still feels a few slight cramps every now and then
  • Options
    Reading all of your comments really make me relieved!! Thank you girls!! This is my first pregnancy. I had short mild cramps almost every other day, some twitching feeling at times, even spotted light brown discharged when i wiped on some days. I'm 7 weeks and my next OB visit is in 4 days time. I totally understand how much worries and anxiety or even feeling helpless having to wait till the next appointment to find out if everything is ok. Keep calm & Pray to God is what I do. :x
  • Options
    FTM here :) I have been experiencing cramps since even before I had the BFP! I'm 6 weeks now. My cramps starts small but intensifies within 10-20seconds. It subsides soon after. The total cramping episode lasts about 30-35 seconds. It can happen anytime, anywhere. Two nights ago, it was so sharp that I woke up from my sleep and groaned. I woke my hubby up too. It feels very localised, and I keep relating it to the fact that it is my uterus stretching and making way for the little one.

Congratulations to all! Isn't this exciting?
  • Options
    Another FTM in the house. I've been so worried because I've had constant dull cramping ever since I got my BFP! So glad I'm not alone on this!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had cramping around 6 weeks and it subsided. No other symptoms. Going on these boards helped me not to worry!

BFP: 7-5-15
    EDD: 3-11-16
    29yo First pregnancy! 

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Sometimes I have some period like cramps, but then I fart and giggle to myself, "Nope, just gassy." Remember, pregnancy hormones change our digestive tract and tend to slow things way down meaning more time for more gas build up which can feel like cramps. @fishstick31 posted that she calls it the "Gas or Cramp?" Game! Drink plenty of water, eat lots of fiber and if needed talk to your doctor about stool softeners or something to keep things moving along. I don't think that I've really had any actual cramps that weren't gas, I do however feel pinching, pulling and tugging. Also some RLP, but that is sharper and much shorter in duration than an actual cramp.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • Options
    Sometimes I have some period like cramps, but then I fart and giggle to myself, "Nope, just gassy." Remember, pregnancy hormones change our digestive tract and tend to slow things way down meaning more time for more gas build up which can feel like cramps. @fishstick31 posted that she calls it the "Gas or Cramp?" Game! Drink plenty of water, eat lots of fiber and if needed talk to your doctor about stool softeners or something to keep things moving along. I don't think that I've really had any actual cramps that weren't gas, I do however feel pinching, pulling and tugging. Also some RLP, but that is sharper and much shorter in duration than an actual cramp.
    Oh God, gas or cramp, that's me. I had what felt like VERY powerful cramps maybe a week ago and I freaked out... then went to the bathroom and boom, I was better!

• Options
    I have definitely had them for the past week or so. I was so freaked out but I keep reading its normal. How does nobody talk about this?!?!? All you ever hear about is being tired and nauseous! lol
    Due March 2016 :)