February 2016 Moms
Options

Dealing with dizziness

Im 12 weeks 4 days pregnant. As of the past few days, I have been getting really dizzy and light headed. Today at work on two seperate occasions, I felt like I was going to pass out. I ended up needing help to a chair and a cold rag but ended up throwing up then feeling better. I messaged my doctor to see if I should come in or not. How do you deal with these symptoms if you have had them? I'm a vet tech so I'm on my feet 99% of my shift.

Re: Dealing with dizziness

• Options
    I get this and it usually means I'm anemic, but some times it's just the extra blood flow doing weird things. It wouldn't hurt to get checked out. I would just drink lots of water and rest when you can, let others know what's going on with you so they know what's up if you need to take a seat for a minute, I've found people are usually pretty understanding.
    imageimageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have been having dizziness too, and its super akward because I haven't announced to the office yet.  Deep breathing exercises have helped me, and water.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't told my co workers or boss either, but I planned to this week. Just trying to figure out how because I've only been there since May and I barely know them.
  • Options
    I get like this when I have low blood sugar. If I have been feeling particularly nauseated and haven't eaten in a while, this becomes a concern. Trying eating small meals, even if it's just a cracker or two every 20 or 30 min. it should help.

View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• Options

I haven't told my co workers or boss either, but I planned to this week. Just trying to figure out how because I've only been there since May and I barely know them.

Haven't you had to tell them to avoid helping with xrays? Or maybe you work in a specialty clinic that doesn't deal with radiation?

It's a tough job to be a vet tech. Long hours and often inconsistent breaks! I'd tell them so they are more understanding that you may need a few extra short breaks for water and/or a snack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our doctor only does X-rays with no assistance. I know, strange. I'm going to tell them this week. A girl quit and they are wanting me to pick up more hours. Physically, I don't think I can right now. :-/
  • Options
    I have this very often, with my first Drs were lost and just chalked it off to anemia, but my levels were actually above borderline. This pregnancy I have been having it very often, OB confirmed it is not anemia and she said it is more than likely low blood pressure, to just stand up slowly. The other day it got so bad so quick and I had no where to sit, I had to lay down on the floor and I am quite certain I passed out. My children were watching so scared, it is very scary. I have heard lots of protein and water helps. Hope you feel better soon!

• Options
    I've been quite dizzy too but I'm pretty sure I have low iron. My past two pregnancies I was quite dizzy and they discovered my iron levels were really low and this is starting to feel similar so I'm going to ask to get my levels checked next appointment. It might be worth looking into for you too! Also, if I don't eat consistently every couple hours it gets worse.
    Baby #3 due February. Dx with Spina Bifida Myelo  "good things are coming down the road, just don't stop walking"