June 2015 Moms
Options

SWIMMING BABY

I wanna take my 7week old baby to the pool...have any of you did already?
What kind of diaper do you propose and do you put a bathing suit over it ? #:-S

Re: SWIMMING BABY

• Options
    I bought a swim diaper & UV t shirt for my lo.  I also have a sun hat.  But, I haven't taken her in a pool yet.  This week should be a scorcher, and my folks' pool will be 84F+, so I think I'll give it a try for a few minutes.  Mostly I'm planning on starting swim lessons in the fall.
  • Options
    I bought the huggies swim diapers, they are a little big so i put them over his regular diaper and I also use a rash guard. He is also 7 weeks and he loves the pool. He has eczema and the chlorine actually helps clear it up ! :]
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kaila8kaila8 member
    trbua16 said:

I bought the huggies swim diapers, they are a little big so i put them over his regular diaper and I also use a rash guard. He is also 7 weeks and he loves the pool. He has eczema and the chlorine actually helps clear it up ! :]

This exactly. The smallest size swim diapers I could find were size 3 so they were a tad big but with the regular diaper under them it worked fine. I put her swimsuit on over it and a sun hat. Our pool has a section that stays in the shade so it was perfect to bring her in there. She loves it!
  • Options
    We've gone into the pool twice-- both times using different swim diaper options. At first I couldn't find any disposable ones that were small enough. Feeling desperate, I bought the one for babies 24+ lbs (LO is barely 7 pounds). Wound up cutting it and putting a snug bathing suit over. It worked like magic! The next time I headed to Babies 'R Us where I bought a reusable diaper. Granted, it is still for babes a little heavier, bit with a snug swimsuit over it, worked like a charm. Baby slept in my arms for the most part even as I dipped her to her shoulders in the pool. Go figure! Can't say she liked or disliked it, but I LOVED it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We took our girls and they loved it too! I put one in a small reusable swim diaper and one in the size small swim diaper. It's a huggies I think and was a bit big but worked just fine
  • Options
    Did you use a regular cloth diaper (like bumgenius), or a traditional one, or is there one specifically for swim?
  • Options
    HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited July 2015
    What kind of bathing suit are you all using? A normal suit, or one of those full body looking ones? Are you using a water carrier or sling as well?
  • Options
    hjdaniels0415hjdaniels0415 member
    edited July 2015
    They have reusable swim diapers. We got ours at target. They come small enough. Also are available at buy buy baby and babies r us. We have taken our little one and she loves it. She was a little early so she'll be 11weeks on Wednesday. We put a sun hat on her as well. She did great and I would say if you feel okay and doc says yes go for it.
  • Options
    I just saw another question. I just carry her and she does great that way.
  • Options
    I actually took my almost 8 week old swimming the other day. He loved it! I just put a normal diaper on him and his swim trunks over it with a sun hat. E liked having his back to my chest and floating there. I think it reminds them of being in our bellies :) I would make sure the water was heated by the sun quite a bit first.