March 2016 Moms

GTKY: What gender are you "hoping" for?

skruhminskruhmin member
edited July 2015 in March 2016 Moms
What gender are you "hoping" your baby is?  Or are you great with either?  And why? (And this is just an honesty question, not trying to trigger anything at all :) )
DS1 - 9/21/11
DS2 - 7/4/14
DS3 - 2/21/16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

Re: GTKY: What gender are you "hoping" for?

• KMKaiser07KMKaiser07 member
    edited July 2015
    I'm honestly fine with either but the idea of a girl scares me. When we were pregnant with our first I wanted a girl because I knew how to do dress up, tea parties, barbies etc. when we found out he was a boy I couldn't imagine it any other way and now I'm drowning in cars, trains, all boy :) Now the idea of switching that up scares me because I know the boy routine and love it! I also lean toward boy because we have everything we would need for a boy. But after a loss a few months back, I will happily receive news of a boy or girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Honestly I'm so great with either.  I have two boys and having a 3 boy household would be amazing - people can pity me all they want, I love having boys.  And I kind of want another boy just to spite all of those people pushing hard for a girl (I know, that's awful but I seriously love having boys).  As far as if it's a girl, I'd be so excited - my only hesitance with having a girl is that I have so many "woman part" issues that I don't want to pass down - endometriosis, ovarian cysts, hormonal migraines, awful period cramps.  If it's a girl, I'd be so excited at the thought of seeing my daughter become a mother for the first and subsequent times :) Being able to help her transition to motherhood brings tears to my eyes. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Loading the player...
  • JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited July 2015
    At first, I always think I want a girl because I love doing my niece's hair, braids, buns, cute little bows. Plus, I think seeing my DH with a DD would melt my heart. 

But in my classroom, most of my favorite students ( I know, I know...not supposed to have favorites....That is so un-human we all have favorites) are always boys. They are always less drama and I get along with their little personalities so well. I was such a tom boy when I was that age, so this makes sense. 

So I would be over the moon with either. 
  • I'm hoping for a boy, DH is hoping for a girl :-P Honestly, I'll be completely and totally happy with either :) 
    BabyGaga

• I have 1 of each. So I'll take healthy. And I'm saying boy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a very strong desire for a girl the first time around and was lucky to have that desire fulfilled. This time I really don't care either way. I'd be happy with either. DD has very few pink toys, so I'm not worried about that. Even if she did, boys can like pink, too. I have 4 sisters, so I'd love for DD to have that kind of relationship, but I'm sure brothers and sisters can be just as close.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • I have two step sons now so we initially were all about having a girl. Now I am just all about knowing what I am having so I can design my nursery and don't care either way.
  • DH & I have had our girl's name picked out for what feels like forever. We absolutely love it & would be so heartbroken if someone used it before we could so i really hope it's a girl & all the family is saying girl! haha but i don't want to have my heart set on it! I will gladly take boy for my first too ;)
  • I always wanted a girl because I love little girl things. Then when I realized how much my FIL looks like my DH it made me want a little mini version of him.
    March '16 August Siggy Challenge - Summer Fails
    imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
  • ...I bet you can guess which I'm 'hoping' for ;)

however I'd still be very happy with another boy, they truly are wonderful!!  
  • Happy with either!! I honestly always thought I'd want a girl, but I have 3 nieces and a nephew and loved the different ways I found to bond with each of them. I will love them to pieces no matter what!

• I've always seen myself with a boy, DH wants a boy as he already has a girl and has a difficult time connecting with her sometimes because she is a girlie girl (although I think it my also be because she is so much like her mother and there is a very good reason they aren't together), SD13 wants a girl since her mom has a 2 year old boy she wants a little sister to dress up and be girlie with. Honestly, after a few MC I know DH and I will be happy either way. This was kind of our last attempt before giving up and this will be our only, so I just want a healthy baby. Once we meet him or her, I don't think any of it will matter, we will just be so over the moon happy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • I am hoping for a boy, but I'll be happy with either!
  • A boy, though I'd love another girl too eventually!

• I don't really care what I'm having as long as it is healthy.  I always hated when people said that but after the MC I seriously don't care.  I'm actually thinking about becoming team green with this one.  I'm good with neutral colors and actually prefer them for the re-usability.

On the other hand we have a girl name picked out, but are still lost with boys everything I like DH doesn't there was one we liked but I was sure our MC was a boy so we started calling him it and I'm not sure I could just use it on another child.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I have no preference either way. I have a girl and eventually I want a boy too, but I'm really not leaning either way this time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • emjeveemjeve member
    I have no preference and will be thrilled either way! But... We have a DD, so a boy would be nice! Also, in my and DH's family, everyone has girls (10 total baby girls between our families and no baby boys)! So I think the grandparents would like a boy. We only have 33 weeks before we find out haha!

Pregnancy Ticker

• We are hoping for a boy (especially DH) but would be happy with another girl. I've got the girl clothes already and they'll be the same seasons :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am happy with either, first time around I was happy having a boy because I felt like I could handle a whole house full of boys rather than a house full of girls. This time around I would say I am leaning girl, but for 3 main reasons 1. OMG the clothes! Anyone ever notice when you go to a clothing store that their are 15 rows of girls for every 1 row of boys clothes! I want to have my choice of 18 pink frilly dresses dammit!
    2. Last time it was so hard to find a boys name but we love about 30 girls names. I just don't know how I will find another boys name I like.
    3. I don't want to go through another bris!
  • I am happy with either, first time around I was happy having a boy because I felt like I could handle a whole house full of boys rather than a house full of girls. This time around I would say I am leaning girl, but for 3 main reasons 1. OMG the clothes! Anyone ever notice when you go to a clothing store that their are 15 rows of girls for every 1 row of boys clothes! I want to have my choice of 18 pink frilly dresses dammit! 2. Last time it was so hard to find a boys name but we love about 30 girls names. I just don't know how I will find another boys name I like. 3. I don't want to go through another bris!
    Oh my gosh no kidding.  That drives me nuts for finding clothes for my boys - but makes it really easy on my wallet!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I think I want a little girl but after seeing how much more dramatic and emotional they are compared to DS, I'm not so sure. But girls are very rare in my family and I've always wanted a little sister. DH already refers to baby as his little girl/princess.
  • LoALoA member
    We are fine with either... I have two boys already and they keep asking for a sister! So I guess you could say we are "hoping" for a girl, but we have always wanted 3-4 kids, and never really worried about boy or girl
  • I am hoping for a girl but would be totally fine with another boy. I would love DS to have a brother!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband and I want at least one girl, so we're hoping the first one will be a little lady. We have a nephew and a step-nephew so adding a little girl to the family would be different.

We'd be happy with either, of course, and I'm kind of expecting this baby to be a boy because almost everyone else I know who has a baby had a boy, but there is that hope for a girl.

• I eventually would like to have at least one of each for different reasons. I think my husband would feel most comfortable jumping into parenthood with a little boy, and I would absolutely love to have a mini version of my H. Overall I'm pretty indifferent though. Either would be fun and come with their own challenges in raising them.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    I thought I was hoping for a boy. And my husband says he would love to have either but he already has a daughter so I think he would be more excited to have a boy. But if we had a boy, he might feel like he doesn't want more kids whereas having a girl means he is more likely to want a third (my second)... So in that case a girl would be nice! It's hard to picture myself with either, it still feels so unreal!
  • mb0112 said:
    I thought I was hoping for a boy. And my husband says he would love to have either but he already has a daughter so I think he would be more excited to have a boy. But if we had a boy, he might feel like he doesn't want more kids whereas having a girl means he is more likely to want a third (my second)... So in that case a girl would be nice! It's hard to picture myself with either, it still feels so unreal!
    Doesn't it, though? I see moms out with their little kids and I see their specific personalities, looks, voices, etc., and I think "my baby is going to be his or her own person, like this little kid is" and it just kind of blows my mind. Our babies are waiting to meet us, too.

• Healthy baby would be great but my DH and I are leaning towards boy as it would be the first boy for our generation.  Fingers crossed!

• dsnygrl21 said:

Healthy baby would be great but my DH and I are leaning towards boy as it would be the first boy for our generation.  Fingers crossed!

Ohhh yes, just remembered - my husband is the only boy on his dad's side of the family of all his cousins, so he really wants at least one boy to make sure the name carries on or whatever. Idk. It's a pretty common Italian last name, so I don't really get that whole obsession.

On the other hand, my maiden name was a very unique name that was changed from its original name when my grandpa's family came to the United States, so basically anyone that has my last name is definitely related to our family by blood or marriage and can very easily trace their family line back. I can see wanting to carry THAT name on since its unique (made up), but I don't get why people care when it's a common name.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • DH is dying for a boy. I feel like I need to support my sex in rooting for our little ball of cells to be a girl, but I really don't care either way.

He actually got a little mad at me for saying that (I think because it made him feel bad for being so gung hoe for a boy?) bc according to him, you HAVE to lean a little more one way than the other. I just made this face and walked away haha.

Parks And Recreation Frustrated animated GIF 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• fwtx5815 said:
    Healthy baby would be great but my DH and I are leaning towards boy as it would be the first boy for our generation.  Fingers crossed!
    Ohhh yes, just remembered - my husband is the only boy on his dad's side of the family of all his cousins, so he really wants at least one boy to make sure the name carries on or whatever. Idk. It's a pretty common Italian last name, so I don't really get that whole obsession. On the other hand, my maiden name was a very unique name that was changed from its original name when my grandpa's family came to the United States, so basically anyone that has my last name is definitely related to our family by blood or marriage and can very easily trace their family line back. I can see wanting to carry THAT name on since its unique (made up), but I don't get why people care when it's a common name.

Agreed!  LOL  My DH's last name is a little more unique and his father is straight off the boat from Argentina so he has strong instincts of setting roots and so does the rest of their family.  I would honestly be happy with either.

• I'm conflicted. I want a girl because I would love to do all of the girly things and but all of the adorable outfits that I just walk past currently. I would also love to be able to see my daughter go on to become a mother. But if we have a girl, we are likely done having kids. But if I had a boy, DS would get a brother close in age which I think would be wonderful. And that would hopefully lead to is having one more, which is what I would like. The only problem is we may not be able to afford three kids, so I might never get a daughter. Either way I will be happy. I just hope for a healthy baby.
  • DH use to freak out at the thought of a daughter, being the oldest of 3 boys with mainly male cousins, but when we started TTC he actually started saying things like "if we have a daughter I will teach her this or give her this" It made my heart so happy that he was warming up to the idea of a daughter. But with that being said I have always wanted a son then a daughter so he could be a protective big brother. Either way I will be more than happy as long as I get to bring a healthy baby home in March!!
  •  Doesn't it, though? I see moms out with their little kids and I see their specific personalities, looks, voices, etc., and I think "my baby is going to be his or her own person, like this little kid is" and it just kind of blows my mind. Our babies are waiting to meet us, too.

Crazy Pregnancy hormones made me tear up at your response "our babies are waiting to meet us, too."  It's going to be a long 40 weeks! :)

Me: 30   DH: 33

TTC #1 since June 2014

Baby #1 coming March 2016

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

• DH wants a little girl, I would love a little girl too, but I would also love a little boy.  If it's a girl, I can't wait to get her a cute little Easter dress and bow and if it's a boy, he will be wearing a bowtie for Easter!!

Me: 30   DH: 33

TTC #1 since June 2014

Baby #1 coming March 2016

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

• My Dh and 3.5 yr old son both want a girl. I have always wanted 2 boys so I was hoping for another boy but when my son says things like "when my baby sister comes, I'm gonna always protect her" it makes me reconsider!
    I always make sure to remind him that we don't get to choose and that it might be a boy. He just gets mad and tells me that he knows it's a girl.
    Either way.. It will be loved just the same!
  • reesaXden said:
    My Dh and 3.5 yr old son both want a girl. I have always wanted 2 boys so I was hoping for another boy but when my son says things like "when my baby sister comes, I'm gonna always protect her" it makes me reconsider! I always make sure to remind him that we don't get to choose and that it might be a boy. He just gets mad and tells me that he knows it's a girl. Either way.. It will be loved just the same!
    The other night my 3.5 year old son prayed for a sister.  Yeah.  Precious. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I can honestly say that I have no prefernce, at all!

We have SO much baby girl stuff from #1 it's insane (was gifted a lot of amazing hand me downs). It we have a girl, it will be nice to not have to buy anything and for DD to have a sister close in age, but DH and I would love to have a boy too, so either way I am just really excited!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We would be fine with either...before we started TTC, I hoped that we would have a girl first and my DH wanted a boy first but after struggling to get pregnant, we are at a point where we would be happy to have a healthy baby. We are actually hoping for twins, regardless of gender!
    Me: 34, Unexplained Infertility, Hypothyroidism (after being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and radioactive iodine treatment; taking Levothyroxine for hypothryoidism) | DH: 33, no fertility problems

● IUI #1: BFN ● IUI #2: BFN ● IUI #3: BFP 7/11/15 - MC at 8 Weeks  :( ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IUI #5: BFP! 12/29/15, 11dpiui
    1/1/2016 Beta #1 HCG: 58  Progesterone: 49.5
    1/3/2016 Beta #2 HCG:154 Progesterone: 55.9
    1/20/16 Ultrasound #1 6w3d, HB: 114 bpm
    1/29/16 Ultrasound #2 8w0d, HB: 171 bpm

• We have 4 boys, although our second was stillborn. I have always believed and felt in my heart we would eventually have a little girl, but after our last son we sort of decided we probably were done. Well lo and behold here I am pregnant again! So I am hoping for a girl, but we've got this boy thing down pat, so either way I will be happy. My boys are all hoping for a little sister, too. She would definitely turn our world upside down! Of course, in a good way!