Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby won't sleep in crib!

My son is 9 weeks old. Since he was born, he would sleep in his crib and wake up every hour to two hours. But, if he slept with me, he'd only wake up every four hours. So, I started letting him sleep with me. Now, he won't sleep at all in his crib. As soon as I set him in it, he starts crying. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting him to sleep in his crib again?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Re: Baby won't sleep in crib!

• Options
    ricfjbricfjb member
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep trying!
  • Options
    How is it going? Ricfjb is baby sleeping in crib now? I have mine in a bassinet right next to me in our room. I was told babies can smell mom when she is close by and it is really soothing. I put baby there right when we got home from hospital. I think for you it's a matter of getting baby "used" to her crib. It might be tough if he cries, but you need to be string and not give in. Trust me, my brother had both kids sleeping in their bed until age 8!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    @ricfjb see previous comment
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    khchapkhchap member
    The Magic Merlin sleep suit once they reach 12 pounds is a miracle!
  • Options
    ricfjb said:

My son is 9 weeks old. Since he was born, he would sleep in his crib and wake up every hour to two hours. But, if he slept with me, he'd only wake up every four hours. So, I started letting him sleep with me. Now, he won't sleep at all in his crib. As soon as I set him in it, he starts crying. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting him to sleep in his crib again?

Some kids just hate the crib-- have you tried an alternative sleeping place? My son hated the crib but tolerated the pack n' play.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers