Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Are Bottle Warmers Necessary?

I am completing my registry and have come across Bottle Warmers, are they really necessary?  I ask on here because you are Mom's with babies now, so you would know first hand.  I look forward to hearing everyone's opinion! 

Re: Are Bottle Warmers Necessary?

• I personally don't think so, but to each her own.
  • Kpp123Kpp123 member
    I find it very useful to warm up refrigerated breast milk. For formula though maybe not as necessary?
  • Loading the player...
  • Didn't have one for DS 1 nor this one. If I need to warm up a bottle, I get hot tap water in a cup and put the bottle in.
    04/2008 Biochemical
    03/2009 DS
    09/2013 Ectopic - MTX
    1/2014 Biochemical
    07/2014 Ectopic
    09/2014 Final injectible/IUI cycle prior to saving for IVF. BFP!!! 
    14 DPO: 179
    17 DPO: 547
    21 DPO: 2,180.70
    10/9/14 We have a heartbeat!!!!!
    Due June 5th!

• I don't think so. I didn't use it for my DD. But I have used sterilizer.
  • I love mine! I EBF, so it's nice to for the refridgerated breast milk I think.
  • Someone gave me their old one, and even having it right here, I never use it.  Just my own preference, but I don't want DS to only accept a bottle that's warm.  In the middle of the night when he's screaming, I like to just pull a bottle out of a little cooler on my bedside and quickly give it to him before he gets too worked up.  We alternate fresh milk (I exclusively pump) and straight out of the fridge.
  • At day care they have a crock pot of warm water that they put the bottle in. I do like PP, and warm the bottle in a bowl of hot water... So... Not a necessity.
  • No. A cup of hot water to warm a bottle up works just as well.
  • I use mine all the time! Have one with a matching cooler on my bedside table. I like to give my cutie pie warm milk since I can't nurse. He takes the bottle cold just as well.
  • Is it a necessity? No.  A bowl or cup of warm water is sufficient.  However from what I have read they are nice to have (I don't own one myself).  It doesn't hurt to put it on the registry.  If someone gets it for you, then great! I had one on my registry and didn't get one and decided it wasn't worth putting my own money into. 
  • Hot tap water works just fine. I didn't register for a bottle warmer, but I received one. It works very quickly and I like it for refrigerated breast milk. I use it just to take the chill off, so he won't need a warm bottle. He takes room temp or a little cooler.
  • I use mine every day! My LO would never take a cold bottle and it works so much faster than warming in a cup of hot water or under the tap. I have the Dr Brown's and it also sterilizes his pacifiers.
  • We use it for travelling. We like to do a lot as a family and not everywhere u go has hot water. We have the tommy tippee one. I never had one with first and I love this one. Don't use it at home though just when out
  • No, never used one for breast milk or formula. My Loo took bottles straight from the fridge, which is great because he will now drink bottles at any temp.
  • I use it every day. It's way faster than tap water in a cup. A frozen 8oz bottle is ready in 5mins!
  • I got a bottle warmer for a shower gift and to be honest i hate it.. It takes for every and really dose not  work... I have learned to use my keurige i just fill the coffee cup up with hot water and put the bottle in there usually only takes a few seconds to hit that right temp.
  • For an easy way to warm up refrigerated breast milk, I think it's a godsend!!!! I love my bottle warmer!
  • khchapkhchap member
    I use mine to warm up refrigerated breast milk too - I don't know what I would do without it!