1st Trimester

Intro (plus a question or two cause I'm a little nervous!)

Hello everyone! I just popped over from the TTC board where I was pretty new as well. A little about me; I'm 31, DH is 32 and we have been working on baby #1 for just over a year and a half now. I was questioning my fertility for a while because of a lack of symptoms and cycle lengths hopping from 30 to 45, but finally in September of last year my body started letting me know that it was fertile again and we conceived in October. That one didn't work out and since our loss in January I have been much less than fertile. My OB was checking my progesterone and telling me that ovulation wasn't confirmed. I won't get into all the other symptoms that clued me in to a problem, but I started seeing an RE this month so that we would have a chance. All that has been done is an ultrasound showing a thin uterine lining and blood work. I thought I didn't have a chance this month! My day 21 progesterone was 9.1. FF temps and whatnot suggested I ovulated CD21, though if my progesterone was 9.1 then that means I had ovulated a few days prior? I had 7 days of an LH surge starting CD16 (days 16 and 17 it was OPK+ in the evening as well so I took that as my peak) and combined with progesterone I maybe ovulated on CD18. 

Anyway, I thought this month there was no chance and a week ago I got two lower back x-rays. I have looked up conflicting things about it online, I just really hope I didn't cause a problem. Anyone with solid info on this? I just hope I didn't harm the dividing cells and DNA :/ I had them when I was either 2 or 5dpo. 

So, I have no idea what to expect after xrays, thin uterine lining, etc. But, I was praying that my body would kick into gear before I had to start doing fertility treatments and those prayers were answered.I am amazed that we did it on my first fertile month since January and excited once again. I'm excited to share with you ladies and for the fact that you are all here. And I hope we are all in this for the long haul. 

Cheers!
TTC #1 since January 2014
MMC@12 weeks 1/2015

"I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." - Audrey Hepburn

Re: Intro (plus a question or two cause I'm a little nervous!)

• Yes. Sorry I didn't flat out include the BFP. But that's what I meant with "I am amazed that we did it [got pregnant] on my first fertile month since January and excited once again."
    MMC@12 weeks 1/2015

"I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." - Audrey Hepburn
  • And for anyone else who stumbles along this post in the future for the x-ray question I found this: 

MMC@12 weeks 1/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Why didn't you tell your MD that there was a possibility you could be pregnant?
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• I honestly didn't think there was a chance this month. I had 6 cycles before this one where there was no chance and my RE had suggested that as well so we were going to proceed with fertility treatments next month. 
    MMC@12 weeks 1/2015

• But even if there is a slight chance, and you know you're not doing anything to prevent it, telling the person ordering a potentially harmful test seems like something that would be a no brainer.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15

• I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Obviously, I realized my error on my own and hence expressed concern for it. I really don't need comments here to make me feel stupid. That is not constructive. Thanks. 
    MMC@12 weeks 1/2015

• Not trying to make you feel stupid. But you said yourself you want to leave this here for others to search in the future and so I'm putting that there for the same reason.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15

• I left my response for future inquiries in the form of an informational link, not an insult. Big difference. 
    MMC@12 weeks 1/2015

• In finale, I did not insult you. I stated a fact. I hope all is well with you, but when you post topics such as this, be prepared to talk about both sides of the issue and not just the one you want to hear.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15

• OP, congrats on your pregnancy!

Don't feel stupid; in a perfect world we would be doing all the right things from the exact moment of conception, but in reality, it doesn't always work out like that :) I don't have personal experience with xrays, but I did have a concern that I spoke to my OB-GYN about and she mentioned that a lot of people drink, eat soft cheese, have xrays, take pain killers, go on roller coasters, etc before they know they are pregnant and that overwhelming majority of people go on to have perfectly healthy babies. Remember that about half of pregnancies are unplanned, so you're definitely not the first person to have an xray before she knew she was pregnant. My OB-GYN did mention that in the first few weeks it's usually "all or nothing" (a miscarriage), but even if you did miscarry, you would have no idea if it were due to the xrays or not. So don't beat yourself up about it, just focus on being as careful and healthy as you can now (as I'm sure you are!) and I think you'll be okay :)
  • Congrats on BFP first! And my best friend was in a car accident before she knew she was pregnant, they did multiply x-Rays and tests and her son is now 2 yrs old and a complete healthy happy boy!
    I understand your situation of not believing it's possible even if it is! We tried for 2 years and finally BFP out of nowhere :)
  • @cwallen314 Thanks so much. That was very sweet to say. I don't feel any more stupid than I did when I first realized how the dates lined up. I think it's natural to just a little bit. I was just upset that it seemed someone was trying to make me feel even lower when it just wasn't necessary. Thanks for sharing what your OB said. I already miss the roller coasters! Haha. 

@ella1007 Thank you for sharing that story as well. I definitely feel better about it now. Congrats on it finally happening for you also! You definitely just get used to the feeling of only getting negatives and thinking it's just not going to happen. Such a nice surprise coming out of nowhere :)

Thank you both again for helping to get a little weight off my back :)
    MMC@12 weeks 1/2015