January 2016 Moms

Bad dream

So last night I had a dream thst I went to the dr and we couldn't find the heartbeat. My last pregnancy I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks and the dream kinda is freaking me out. I know it's just a dream but I can't get it out of my head.

Re: Bad dream

• I had a very, very similar dream before one of my earlier appointments. Even though I knew it was just a dream, it really messed with my head. I have definitely been there! Try to keep your thoughts positive. I hope you have an appointment soon so you can check up on your LO and get some peace of mind.
  • Thankfully I have one on Monday!
  • Loading the player...
  • Dreams are effing weird in pregnancy. I'm sorry you had a terrifying one.
  • Glad you don't have to wait too long for your appointment. Try to push those thoughts out of your head! Good luck!
  • allsleeallslee member
    edited July 2015
    I was having a lot of these dreams in the beginning, I think it's probably just a subconscious thing. I was really worried when I was having those types of dreams, so the fear could still be at the back of your mind.

• Dreams are so powerful sometimes it takes me an hour to settle into reality! I'm sorry you had such s terrifying one :( you are probably just a worried mama and that worry played out in your dream. Try to focus on the positives do far this pregnancy and not on one upsetting nightmare.
  • BethP321BethP321 member
    edited July 2015
    My dreams are my favorite thing so far about my pregnancy. I need to keep a dream journal. But nightmares are terrible, especially being pregnant. I haven't had a miscarriage dream, but I dreamt once that SO had a secret child with another woman that he never told me about. I woke up in the middle of the night so furious, that I called him an a**hole and woke him up. He was so confused. And then I realized. Good luck during your appointment! I have a doppler so I can reassure myself every so often when I get a little worrisome, but some moms find it causes more stress than it's worth if they can't find the HB. Prayers for you and baby <3. I want an update on Monday (=
  • I've had an MC before, and so many of my first trimester dreams were about bleeding or losing the baby, some were so real I'd wake up absolutely devastated and convinced it was over. Please don't take them as a sign of anything bad to come, it's just how your stress manifests itself. I know I didn't express my early fears to many people, and I think that's why the dreams were so intense. Trying writing/journaling before bed, it should help!
  • Yes, please do not stress your self out. I lost a baby in March at 11wks. I know your fear anxiety. If it gets to the point you can't sleep or are dreading peeing b/c you fear seeing spotting. Call your doctor and see if they can fit you in for a quick check to help with your anxiety. The should accommodate you given your past. If they brush you off don't back down. Your mental health and physical health are one and the same.
  • Everything was great..no sonogram today but.got to hear a heart beat and dr says I'm right kn track. Thanks so mich for all your support ladies!!