Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Want to hear happy stories!!

i want to hear your happy stories of your rainbow babies!!! I just suffered my first mmc at 10 weeks. Baby stopped growing at 8.5 weeks. I'm devastated but want to hear stories of happiness! I need to know it's possible to have 1, 2, or 5 miscarriages and then to have a healthy baby!! Please help

Re: Want to hear happy stories!!

• Not me personally, but my mom works with a girl that had a healthy baby followed by two losses, then had a set of twins! I am currently 10w2d with what I hope is our rainbow baby!! I hope you get your rainbow soon!
  • LchingrnLchingrn member
    edited July 2015
    Not me either, I just lost my pregnancy attempt at 6+4. It stopped growing at 5weeks. I was devastated on Friday when they said it didn't appear to be viable. I was scheduled for a D&C this Thursday, but thankfully my body recognized it as non viable and I won't have to go through the risk of a procedure.
    That isn't the happy story. My best friend just had the most beautiful baby girl! She mc in August, pregnant by October.
    What my doctor told me is the great news is that you CAN get pregnant! That part is harder than staying pregnant. Unfortunately 1 in 5 pregnancies do end in miscarriage, and that stat is for every time you get pregnant.
    The happy news is our bodies get rid of an embryo that isn't developing correctly, could be a chromosomal abnormality, or a whole list of other development issues.
    A miscarriage is a horrible, devastating thing, but there is a lot of good things about them. It's just hard to see until you have your happy, healthy baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks that was really helpful I do appreciate it.. Best wishes to you!
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had 2 confirmed miscarriages and one suspected (hadn't taken a hpt). I am now trying to rock my 10 week old to sleep! I was pretty nervous throughout pregnancy worrying about every little thing but it all worked out in he end.
    I was also know of someone who had 5 miscarriages before her rainbow baby and a couple of people with 2 before their rainbow baby.

Hang in there x
  • I had my first miscarriage 10 years ago at about 8 weeks.....in January i found out i was pregnant and was so excited as this would be my first child...at our 6 week appt the doc gave us the sad news that the baby stopped growing and inwould miscarry. I was again devastated. We tried again two months after my period returned and i am currently 21 weeks pregnant woth my twin rainbow babies...two boys! So far everything lo9ks very healthy. I know its tough...but you will get through it...those losses still mean alot to me and i will never forget about them. Stay strong!
  • These are wonderful stories. Thank you both!