Peanut and tree nut allergy-going on vacation maybe a cruise? — The Bump
Food Allergy

Peanut and tree nut allergy-going on vacation maybe a cruise?

So my dd is going to be 5 and I wanted to take a family vacation. I was thinking of a cruise but I wasn't sure about doing that since her allergy is so bad. Has anyone been with a food allergy? Any type of vacation? Any suggestions/advice?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Peanut and tree nut allergy-going on vacation maybe a cruise?

• I dont have a peanut allergy, but i have celiac and cant handle cross contamination without becoming ill. The best, by far, for accomodations are disney cruises. Also princess cruises. They will bend over backward to accomodate and make special yummy options, not just plane, boring food and not just one or 2 options. They will basically make anything i want. Make sure to call and speak to someone before booking to make sure they can meet all your needs.
  • Agreed with PP. Disney (particularly Disney World) has always been fantastic with my peanut allergy. They often have a chef come talk to me about my order, and they will prepare and deliver it themselves.
    Princess cruises is also great with allergies. They allow you to order the night before (make sure you choose traditional dining instead of anytime) and make any adjustments necessary. I didn't try the buffet much, but there are plenty of people around to ask about any allergens.
    I've also found researching restaurants before my vacations is helpful, as many restaurants have allergen menus.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a peanut and tree nut allergy and have gone on 2 Carnival cruises. For their buffet area they have signage up letting you know if it contains nuts, gluten, etc. For the main dinning area as long as you let them know they will make sure the food you order is safe.
    March '16 August Siggy Challenge - Summer Fails
    imageBabyFruit Tickerimage