Boston Babies

MGH?

hi moms!
I am a FTM and am planning to deliever at MGH. Has anyone had any experience their, The dr has been great, but was looking at pictures of their l&d area and it doesn't look very welcoming! Any advice much appreciated! :)

Re: MGH?

• I delivered at BMC, but we were able to take a tour of the facility in advance.

Do u know if they offer anything like that? Our tour helped us to understand the process of where we would check in and what rooms we would be in for both birth and recovery.

It was nice know that stuff in advance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am also going to be an FTM. My very good friend delivered her son at MGH. Although she said the rooms were not very large, it was a wonderful experience for her and she preferred it over where she delivered her daughter (not certain where.)

Good luck & please let us know where you choose?
  • Loading the player...
  • @Eac713 @BostonBaby1 If I can make a suggestion, please check out the New Mom Groups offered through BIDMC.  It doesn't matter where you deliver and they offer several locations and times, but during the first few months - going to this group was awesomeas a FTM!  It is great to hear stories from other women who are experiencing the same highs and lows as you.  It was great to have the comraderie and support.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mrsizzmrsizz member
    My SIL delivered there last June and really liked it. Their room was plenty big after their twins were born. At one point, we had me and my DH, my mother and father in law, another sister in law, plus the mom, dad, and baby. It was a lot of people in one room, but we definitely didn't feel crowded!
  • I just delivered there may 4th and could not recommend more highly. The staff was absolutely amazing and my delivery room was huge and overlooked the Charles.
    Me: 33 DH: 38 
    BFP 1: 10/06/13 // MMC/D&C:12/16/13 (Partial Molar)
    DS: 5/4/15
    BFP 3: 10/26/16//EDD: 7/2/17

• I also just delivered at MGH. The nurses are amazing - no joke. My delivery room was huge and overlooked the Charles. The recovery room was much smaller but I didn't care as I was recovering from a c-section. The nurses on both floors though were top notch and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend MGH to anyone or deliver there again.
  • @Eac713 @BostonBaby1 If I can make a suggestion, please check out the New Mom Groups offered through BIDMC.  It doesn't matter where you deliver and they offer several locations and times, but during the first few months - going to this group was awesomeas a FTM!  It is great to hear stories from other women who are experiencing the same highs and lows as you.  It was great to have the comraderie and support.

Thank you so much for the tip! Unfortunately, we had another MC… But we are TTC again and will be staying with BIDMC. Not to say anything against MGH… Just that they were fabulous throughout the whole process. Even though it went terribly awry.
  • 310mbr310mbr member
    My close friend had a c section there. It was great. And it's one of the best hospitals in the country. I'm delivering at the BI only because my doc is there. MgH would've been my choice if I had one.