September 2015 Moms

Weekly Twin Check In

Another week closer!

Week/Fruits:

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc):

Symptoms:

Appointment AW:

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns:

GTKY: Where are you from? (If you're comfortable sharing)

Re: Weekly Twin Check In

• Week/Fruits: 31weeks, pineapples

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): mo/di identical girls

Symptoms: oh the swelling. Most days I can still wear my wedding rings but I've had to take off my daughters birthstone ring.

Appointment AW: had my last appt with my OB Tuesday. Babies are a little small but my husband and I aren't big people so they don't seem worried.

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: I have no doctor at the moment bc of our move, little nerve wracking. Hoping to get these babies to at least 5 lbs each.

GTKY: Where are you from? (If you feel comfortable sharing) I'm originally from Iowa. We are currently on day 2 of 4 of our drive to California, where we'll be living for the next year.

• Hi everyone!

Week/Fruits: 31w3d, pineapples

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): di/di fraternal boys

Symptoms: pelvic pain, lower back pain...I definitely have a waddle now when I walk! But yet, walking does make me feel better.

Appointment AW: Had both MFM and OB appointments this week. Babies are measuring 3 lb, 6 oz and 3 lb, 11 oz and moving a lot, though I barely feel anything. Unfortunately, they are both breech so it seems a C section is inevitable. OB wants to discuss a C section date at my next appointment.

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: No questions, just hope everyone is doing well and hopefully has more accomplished than I do at this point. I feel so far behind where I *should* be in terms of preparation.

GTKY: Where are you from? (If you're comfortable sharing) - Originally from New England, but now reside in Florida. Very happy to only have snow when I choose to see it!

Missed M/C natural cycle 10/2013

DX PCOS 3/2014

2 cycles Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + TI - no response stair-stepped to Clomid 75 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Folistim + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim  - no response, repeated Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI = success! 12/2014

Beta 1 - 15 dpiui, 324, Beta 2 - 17 dpiui 750. Twins!!

My Blog: pcosandpizza.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruits: 31weeks, pineapples Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): mo/di identical girls Symptoms: oh the swelling. Most days I can still wear my wedding rings but I've had to take off my daughters birthstone ring. Appointment AW: had my last appt with my OB Tuesday. Babies are a little small but my husband and I aren't big people so they don't seem worried. Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: I have no doctor at the moment bc of our move, little nerve wracking. Hoping to get these babies to at least 5 lbs each. GTKY: Where are you from? (If you feel comfortable sharing) I'm originally from Iowa. We are currently on day 2 of 4 of our drive to California, where we'll be living for the next year.

That's awesome you can still wear your wedding rings! My fingers don't really look big to me but I stopped wearing mine recently because it was such a struggle to remove them. It was a bit sad to put them in the drawer! I can't imagine trying to find a new doctor or moving right now...you're a trooper!

DX PCOS 3/2014

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + TI - no response stair-stepped to Clomid 75 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim  - no response, repeated Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI = success! 12/2014

• @masterofallcheese where are all our twin mamas this week?! I hope everyone is still baking those babies as long as they can!
  • Week/Fruits: 33 + 2. Durian.

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): di/di girls

Symptoms: Swelling, headache, nausea

Appointment AW: too many to count. Still on a 2 week schedule until 35 weeks then it goes to 1. I feel like I should be on a 1 week schedule though.

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: Anyone else still working full time?

• Week/Fruits: 33 weeks 5 days durian

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): di di twins. Team green!!

Symptoms: contractions, pelvic pressure, lower back pain and extreme swelling

Appointment AW: I have to call monday and set appointments for the week!

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: I am finally home I got released from hospital on procardia to stop contractons!! I have been put on stricter bedrest. I am having extreme swelling which makes bedrest even more uncomfortable

GTKY: Where are you from? (If you're comfortable sharing) I am from kentucky
  • @Sunshine620 I am still working full-time but three days a week from home. This week was the first week I started working three days a week from home. Before that it was only two days a week from home for the past three weeks. This was not something that was mandated by my doctor since I have an office job, but rather something I requested because I feel much better when I can work from home. I can change positions more easily and put my feet up to combat swelling. Also, I can take naps when I need to. But of course no matter what I need to work the full day/week and have to fit it in somehow.

DX PCOS 3/2014

• Glad to see you guys are still cooking those babies!!! We are currently on day 15 of our NICU stay...both girls are up to 4lbs 1oz and are progressing, slowly but surely. We had about a week long period where it felt like we were going backwards and it was really frustrating, but the Drs and nurses keep saying that with preemies, around 34.5 weeks things start falling into place. They are 34 weeks today so I am hoping this week brings a lot of progress!
  • @eflick1014 so glad you are at home finally. But sucks to hear you are so uncomfortable. You're doing a great job keeping those babies in though! You've had a lot of scares so far and it's great that you are holding on! Every day is making a huge difference for your little ones.

DX PCOS 3/2014

• @masterofallcheese it has definatley been a rough road but each day is a blessing.
  • Week/Fruits: 32 weeks, 5 days.

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): mon/di ID girls

Symptoms: Anxiousness/nervousness! --cervix shortening this week and they said I wouldn't make it until the next appt, but I've felt OK! So now I just don't know what to expect.

Appointment AW: Wednesday July 29th.

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: Just taking it a day at a time! Do I need to get car seats checked and approved before the babies go to the hospital? Do they give you some sort of "accomplishment paper" to show that you've actually had them professionally checked? Or is that all just something that is made up..?

GTKY: Where are you from? (If you're comfortable sharing) -- originally from Michigan, moved to Chicago, and now residing in Charlotte, NC! :)
  • Week/Fruits: 31 weeks - pineapple

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): fraternal boy/girl

Symptoms: horrible reflux but I've started taking Prevacid which seems to have relieved it. Edema in my feet and ankles are getting worse

Appointment AW: due to the amount of Braxton hicks and swelling, my dr decided to have me come in every week now to make sure I am not going into preterm labor

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: work! I work ten hour shifts in a hospital and I have to wear lead due to radiation exposure. Dr put me on light duty and my boss was not very receptive to that. I'm worried about what monday will bring.

GTKY: Where are you from? (If you're comfortable sharing) Ohio
  • @KCwalza146 Glad to read your update. The girls are growing well, it seems.

DX PCOS 3/2014

• Week/Fruits: 33 weeks (Durians)

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): fraternal (boy and girl

Symptoms: reflux (yuck) upper back pains, anyone else? Hotter than hellfire it seems, aches and pains

Appointment AW:
    I'm now on bed rest because last week when I went to my appointment I was checked and my cervix was very soft. I have an appointment Monday, and a level 2 ultrasound Tuesday

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: I'm anxious to have them but I have no clue what signs I'm looking for. Especially with being in the first stage of labor

GTKY: Where are you from? (If you're comfortable sharing)
    I'm from Chicago
  • Week/Fruits: 33w4d/durian.  What the heck is a durian?!

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): di/di boys

Symptoms: nothing new.  A little swelling, lots of contractions.  Heartburn.

Appointment AW: I'm on weekly NST's now with the OB.  Last weeks was totally uneventful.  They measured my cervix weeks ago, and I was long, buyt 1cm dilated.  They haven't measured since.  Have another NST this Friday and will have my last growth scan with MFM on 8/11, then I'll have to make an appt with one of the 3 OBs out of 8 in my practice that will let me schedule an induction as opposed to a c-section, and get things scheduled!!

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: @Sunshine620 - I'm still working FT, but have been doing so from home since 24 weeks.  Commute into the city was brutal.  However, even though I'm home, I'm finding it tough to put in a full day.  I get tired, uncomfortable, etc.
    @eflick1014 - so glad your little ones are sticking in there and that you are home!
    @KCwalza146 - Good news on the weight gain and hope things continue to improve for your babes!

GTKY: Where are you from? (If you're comfortable sharing)  I feel like I'm from Vermont.  But honestly, I've lived in suburban Chicago for the longest period of my life, and probably will stay here for many years to come.
  • Hi Ladies! I am 34+1 d with di/di boys and just saw that there was a twin mom group. I just came home from a 2 day stay in the hospital due to contractions. Had been sent home on bed rest, I didn't need bed rest until this week. Interesting to see that some mommas are in the same boat. Thanks for posting. I live in BC (Canada).