February 2016 Moms
Options

Nursing Aversion? Anyone else? Advice?

I'm ten weeks, and over the past 3-4 weeks my nursing aversion keeps getting worse. All I can think about while she nurses is how soon I can stop her. I want to keep nursing...anyone have luck dealing with this in past pregnancies? I'm trying to night wean her now (that's when it was bothering me the most, though I used to love night nursing)--but would love other things to try or know if others are feeling the same way!?

Re: Nursing Aversion? Anyone else? Advice?

• Options
    I have no advice as luckily I haven't experienced this yet, we just struck out with nightweaning. I have had several friends advise me to power through it and it will get better if I should start to have an aversion. One friend mentioned that as soonoom as the milk turns back into colostrum it won't be so bad. That's the advice I've received.
  • Options
    Nursing just seems to be uncomfortable for me right now. My LO is a milk junkie so I'm just powering through it. I feel like my milk is her only good nutrition right now since she has become a picky eater over the last few weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm started weaning my LO at 22mo when I was around 5wks, and luckily she just decided herself she was done one night, so it wasn't a huge issue. I was starting to get similar feelings as you are.

I haven't been to the Breastfeeding board since the massive Bump exodus a while ago, but it used to be pretty hopping. Maybe try posting there for more responses?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    AchaeAchae member
    I've heard that kids will self-wean because the taste of the milk changes, but I think some are able to double-breastfeed. Not sure how old your LO is, but just keep telling yourself that besides the nutrition and immune system benefits, its one on one time with her that may be difficult to come by once #2 arrives!
  • Options
    wagvanwagvan member
    It is a perfectly normal hormonal thing in pregnancy.  If you stick with it, this nursing makes me want to crawl out of my skin feeling eventually passes.  I nursed through pregnancy and tandem nursed for 6 of my 8 pregnancies.  I thought they would self wean but they never did.  I would highly recommend the book https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Tandem-Nursing-Breastfeeding-Pregnancy/dp/0912500972/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437753075&sr=8-1&keywords=adventures+in+tandem+nursing  but don't pay the crazy prices on Amazon.  I'm sure your local LLL group will have it at the regular price.
    Katie ~wife to my beloved, Scott for 25 years
    mama to SEVEN +1 wonderful Waggoners
    K~ 22yo, C~ 20yo, J~ 18yo, N~ 13yo, G~ 11yo, M~ 7, A~5 and baby due 2/12/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have also heard it will pass but open not have great advice. I just had to stop nursing my 21 month old because it was making me sicker. I was ready to be done, though, and I don't feel any regrets about it. If you really want to power through, perhaps distracting yourself when it's time to nurse would help? Phone apps, Netflix, an audiobook, something like that? Good luck!
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Options
    I had already weaned DD from daytime feedings, but once I was pregnant, I realized that the morning and night feedings were annoying me. I was tired, she was needy, and she seemed frustrated with what she was/wasn't getting from me. I also realized that I was "offering" her BM at the normal feeding times, which she would always take, but she wasn't "asking" for it. So, out of first trimester exhaustion and morning sickness I decided to only give her BM when she asked for it... She weaned herself within a month (she was 15mo at final feeding). I had hoped that I would BF her until at least 18mo (that was before I discovered that I was pregnant). But I don't feel bad for weaning early because I feel that I did it in a way that it became her choice. Do what works for you and your LO.