Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

High fertility after a miscarraige?

So I had a frozen embryo transfer in April and had a miscarraige then had a period and got pregnant that month and miscarried this baby. I had a D&c yesterday. Was wondering if after miscarraige fertility is high bc I could never get pregnant on my own just after the miscarraige. I did IVF to get my daughter? Just wondering if I should try once I get this period. Any advise would be great
TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: High fertility after a miscarraige?

• Options
    That's what I have heard.
    It's worth a shot doing it on your own.
    I am in my TWW after my first post MC ovulation.
  • Options
    I believe it's because your pregnancy hormones are still high.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard from people and internet that you are more fertile after a mc -- supposedly because you are all "cleaned out". However, I asked my OB if that was true and she said no. She said people do usually get pg after mc because a mc means that you CAN get pg. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the advise I think I am gonna try when my first period starts. I am very nervous bc I have had back to back miscarraiges! Huh! We have been married 7 yrs and were never able to conceive on our own until after my frozen embyo cycle.
    TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    eb0830eb0830 member
    I was wondering the same thing as I just had a miscarriage following an IUI as we could not conceive naturally. I also heard it could "clean you out". We will definitely be trying naturally until our next IUI because it doesn't hurt to try. Fingers crossed for all of us!
    Me: 34 DH:40
    TTC #1 since 2013
    HSG 11/14 - All Clear
    SIS 5/15 - All Clear
    IUI #1 6/15 - BFP! M/C 7/15
    Benched 7/15-12/15
    IUI #2 1/16 TWW....