October 2015 Moms
Options

reality just hit, HARD!! Panic attacks here I come!!

Sooo I just realized I have anywhere from 5-9 weeks until I'm due...and i know its great to start researching labor and delivery way ahead of time, which I did, but now I try to and I start freaking and hyperventilating especially when someone mentions tearing or episiotomy and I look at all the stuff I have for our sweet baby boy and think "oh yeah I'm ready" then I find all the tiny things I've missed and I'm kinda like "omg I'm not ready I'm already a horrible mom" and just ughhhhhh!!!! TOO MUCH! TOO MANY EMOTIONS! S.O.S.!!!!

Re: reality just hit, HARD!! Panic attacks here I come!!

• Options
    I'm the same way. I just try to stay calm and focus and take each day by day. Remember your in good hands by the doctors and team. It you don't have all the answers they will coach you along the way.
  • Options
    You'll also learn that some of the stuff you think you need now for baby would have just been wasted purchases. There were plenty of items "I had to have" with my son and learned after three months of him being born we never truly needed then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel ya! I am only 28+4 but I feel like its so close and I'm freaking out!
  • Options
    I'm only 25w5d and I'm freaking out too! I'm like...he could be here in 3 months if he is early! And only a little over 2 weeks left in the 2nd trimester...I'M NOT READY!! I love being pregnant
  • Options
    I think this is a totally normal reaction. I feel the same way! I'm so scared for the month of September to hit because I could have a baby in that month!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    carmv01carmv01 member
    edited July 2015
    89 days!!

Edit: oops wrong thread :(
  • Options
    Don't forget all the options you have to help you prepare and relax. For instance birth classes, prenatal yoga, developing a birth plan, or considering a doula. Some cities have mom clubs you can join. You got this, as it's better to freak out weeks in advance as opposed to three days before due date. ;)
    fail halloween fall costume minions GIF
  • Options
    @BrooklynBroussard I'm a STM and have been preparing for my VBAC for two years. I giggle when people think a birth plan is over preparing. I'm like you the more I prepare the less I stress about it.
  • Options
    I'm the same as you @BrooklynBroussard although at 29 weeks I'm kind of cool with the whole labor thing. I'm taking classes and reading the books. Even the nursery I know will be ready enough to make it work.

More so freaking out that the bathroom we're using for the baby still won't have a ceiling. Long story. Worse case scenario we'll wash the baby in the sink.
  • Options
    I feel like I'm the opposite. I haven't a thing yet for the baby except the crib and dresser. No sheets for the crib or clothes for the dresser but I'm procrastinating big time. Maybe it's because I'm a STM but I'm just not sweating it. I figure whatever we really need we'll get whether it's before or after baby gets here. And all of this makes me feel guilty but I guess not enough to get my ass off the couch. But like a PP said they really don't need much. I really over did it the first time and as I've been cleaning out all her baby stuff I realize what a waste of money it all was.
  • Options
    komorebikomorebi member
    edited July 2015
    Affirmations seem hokey but they help. After my second daughter was born i had a lot of anxiety (tough birth, bad diet, rough patch in our lives) and i did a lot of mental work to get ready for my third and it was the best birth i could ever dream of.

All of this seems scary and I'm not going to lie, for some of us it will be, but there is so much you can do to prepare. Burying your head in the sand won't change any outcomes. If something, like tearing, gives you that much anxiety see what you can do to help prevent it and then talk to your ob and see what your hospital allows during labor.
  • Options
    @BrooklynBroussard yeah I'm the same way. I spend way too much time looking at my Cozi lists. I did slightly panic yesterday. I haven't been sleeping well. There was a baby crying in Buy Buy Baby. It cried pretty much non-stop for 15 minutes. I remember thinking this could be me in 11 weeks, exhausted and trying to calm my crying baby while nothing seems to help. I think the no sleep part is what's scaring me more than the thought of being a parent or having everything ready. 
  • Options
    You'll all be just fine ! I was 18 when I gave birth to my son, I never took any prenatal or birthing classes. Labors not all that scary, it does hurt, but as soon as the baby is out every bit of pain goes away and it's so peaceful.