3rd Trimester

41 weeks no dilation last apptment

Hi all,

I wanted to know if there was anyone out there like me who had no dilation progress before 41 weeks. I am going for my second stress test tomorrow and as of last apptment there was no dilation but my cervix was soft. I'm getting a little stressed because everyone is inquiring about the baby but I guess she doesn't want to come out along with people in my life who has had due dates after me and have given birth already. As you can tell I am anxious.

Thank you

Re: 41 weeks no dilation last apptment

• Dilation means nothing as far as when labor will start. I walked around 4 cm dilated for weeks and went past my due date. Some women go into labor early with no dilation before hand. Also keep in mind that due dates are just an estimate of when baby will be here. Not a deadline. Due dates can also be off by as much as 2 weeks. You're nearing the end mama! Just hang in there baby will be here before you know it.
  • I got induced at 42 weeks because I still wasn't dilating as PP said EDD are just that and nothing more, when she is ready she will come. Good luck
    Pregnancy Ticker