February 2016 Moms

Unpopular Opinons 7/23

wisco29wisco29 member
edited July 2015 in February 2016 Moms
This is for opinions that aren't popular and they are most definitely not free from flaming.

Re: Unpopular Opinons 7/23

• Loading the player...
  • My UO as a newbie is that I don't mind when people start new threads for a topic that's already been covered.
    Of course you don't because your new and you haven't had to sit through it for the last 8 weeks.
    That's why I specified "as a newbie" I'm sure it can get annoying the longer you're here. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • mamaekmamaek member

My UO as a newbie is that I don't mind when people start new threads for a topic that's already been covered.

Of course you don't because your new and you haven't had to sit through it for the last 8 weeks.
    I was going to say: "my UO can be that's Bc you're new".
  • kikacakes said:
    My UO as a newbie is that I don't mind when people start new threads for a topic that's already been covered.
    Again....that's why I specified "as a newbie."

• MamaFroFroMamaFroFro member
    edited July 2015

kikacakes said:

-----------------/edit quote fail-------------

Just wait before you make up your mind on this one. Give it a few weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• KiekKiek member
    edited July 2015
    bookqueen said:

I don't like Miracle Whip.

Me neither! So gross!
  • KiekKiek member
    edited July 2015
    I don't like southern cooking or sweet tea and I grew up in the south :-O
  • I hate avocado and guacamole. Absolutely disgusting. And Greek yogurt. I wish I liked them because they're so healthy but I don't want to sacrifice my taste buds
  • kikacakes said:
    -----------------/edit quote fail------------- image Just wait before you make up your mind on this one. Give it a few weeks.
    Didn't say my mind was made up permanently. The way I see it is, right now, the pregnancy is still pretty new and there are a lot of questions and FTMs. They're excited, scared, hormonal, whatever and instead of seeing someone else's problem they want to talk about theirs. That's why it doesn't really bother me. 

• kikacakes said:
    -----------------/edit quote fail------------- image Just wait before you make up your mind on this one. Give it a few weeks.

I hope this is a popular opinion - I love Chelsea Peretti!
  • Bfavors said:
    Knottie30790171 can you please stop justifying your uo right now? I seriously don't have the patience for this today. You said you're peace, people disagree. Move on.
    I'd dare say don't read it then. I have the right to defend my position. 

• I hate avocado and guacamole. Absolutely disgusting. And Greek yogurt. I wish I liked them because they're so healthy but I don't want to sacrifice my taste buds
    All of those things are disgusting. I agree with you.

I love avocados, I don't like Greek plain but as a subsititue in recipes for things like mayo, or sour cream! Yum
    It's also a really easy and great purée option for babies! (Meaning 6 months and older)
    Mmmmmmm... Uo: I hate subway but I loved the avocado commercials

• This post just became my UO. Painful...
  • lrobb004 said:

This post just became my UO. Painful...

I do too! No one can believe that I don't like guacamole or avocados. Greek yogurt is ok, but avocados gross me out.
  • wisco29 said:

lrobb004 said:

This post just became my UO. Painful...

Sorry that was unclear haha. Just reading through the post and the pettiness is obnoxious. I guess someone discovered tb and realized they can get attention.
  • ashton2190ashton2190 member
    edited July 2015
    wisco29 said:

I hate avocado and guacamole. Absolutely disgusting. And Greek yogurt. I wish I liked them because they're so healthy but I don't want to sacrifice my taste buds

I love avocados, I don't like Greek plain but as a subsititue in recipes for things like mayo, or sour cream! Yum
    I use Greek yogurt in cooking as a healthy substitute but when I open the container I almost projectile vomit (and that's when I'm not pregnant too!) I also use Greek yogurt in my smoothies to make them more filling. But eating it on its own is just...barf

Edit: grammar
  • cantobean said:
    My UO: dogs are cute but I never want to own one. I can't be bound to walking it daily, never going on a trip without lining up a dog sitter, and picking up its poop. It's just not worth it to me. We have a cat and she is enough of a handful.
    I don't like cats. Kittens are fine, but then they turn into cats and I can't stand them. I used to love them, and had a few growing up but realized they are little jerks. I'll stick to my 3 dogs. I rather pick up dog poop then clean a liter box. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • bredoll said:
    cantobean said:
    My UO: dogs are cute but I never want to own one. I can't be bound to walking it daily, never going on a trip without lining up a dog sitter, and picking up its poop. It's just not worth it to me. We have a cat and she is enough of a handful.
    I don't like cats. Kittens are fine, but then they turn into cats and I can't stand them. I used to love them, and had a few growing up but realized they are little jerks. I'll stick to my 3 dogs. I rather pick up dog poop then clean a liter box. 
    I love cats, until you get to the litterbox. Can't do them. I'll just visit with my parents' cats.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • I wish I liked it but sparkling water of any kind is disgusting. I love drinking water (when it doesn't make me nauseous) and I love soda but soda water is just nasty. Doesn't matter if you flavor it, still gross.

• Kiek said:

bookqueen said:

I don't like Miracle Whip.

Me neither! So gross!
    I don't know what miracle whip is but that's not an opinions, that's a fact lol.
    I've seen it before but am confused by it - is it mayo?

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • bredoll said:
    cantobean said:

I hate cats too. The one I grew up with was a terror and my husband brought one into the relationship who is just the worst. I get that there are nice cats out there but the two i have had to deal with definitely don't prove to me they are lovely and cuddly creatures. 
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• wisco29 said:

I hate avocado and guacamole. Absolutely disgusting. And Greek yogurt. I wish I liked them because they're so healthy but I don't want to sacrifice my taste buds

It's also a really easy and great purée option for babies! (Meaning 6 months and older)
    Mmmmmmm... Uo: I hate subway but I loved the avocado commercials

All this. Same.

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't like Miracle Whip.
    Me neither! So gross!
    I don't know what miracle whip is but that's not an opinions, that's a fact lol. I've seen it before but am confused by it - is it mayo?
    It says salad dressing on the label, but it's like mayo in consistency and most people (who like it) use it as a mayo replacement.

• wisco29 said:
    I hate scrapbooking.
    It's so time consuming. I love making shutterfly photo books. Time consuming but no tiny stickers or glue!
    and now it's all about stamps, WTH!? Can we just pick one medium so I don't have to avoid half the the aisles at Hobby Lobby?!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • I don't like Miracle Whip.
    Me neither! So gross!
    I don't know what miracle whip is but that's not an opinions, that's a fact lol. I've seen it before but am confused by it - is it mayo?
    It says salad dressing on the label, but it's like mayo in consistency and most people (who like it) use it as a mayo replacement.
    I grew up with my parents using Miracle Whip so I pretty much hate mayo. Similar consistency but different taste. Miracle Whip has a "bite" to the flavor that mayo doesn't have which is why a lot of people don't like it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • Apparently this is an UO! I LOOOVE greek yogurt. Between my toddler and I, we eat through one large container of plain greek yogurt per week. He eats his with a little bit of apple sauce mixed in. I eat mine with blueberries and a little bit of honey. I do not like any flavored yogurt, I find them to be too sweet, and I love the sharp tang you get from plain yogurt! 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • bredoll said:
    I grew up with my parents using Miracle Whip so I pretty much hate mayo. Similar consistency but different taste. Miracle Whip has a "bite" to the flavor that mayo doesn't have which is why a lot of people don't like it. 
    That's what we used to and I prefer it to mayo. I couldn't come up with the word to describe the flavor difference. Thanks!