Pregnant after IF

*** 2nd tri check-in - 07/20/2015 ***

MrsBwIVFMrsBwIVF member
edited July 2015 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this epically long journey we call "infertility".

I am hoping I'm not too alone one this board. Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

QOTW: Has anyone started planning or even working on their nursery?  

@MrsBwIvf- EDD 12/21/15 with two beans- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sexes
@andimegie325- EDD 1/10/16 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@somewhereinafrica- EDD? with one bean- awaiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@MarnieF- EDD1/12/16 with one little lady!
@Emcarl24- EDD 1/21 with one bean- awaiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex

Re: *** 2nd tri check-in - 07/20/2015 ***

• One week closer ladies! We had an appt on Friday morning, just a quick check up. Weight gain is good and we got to listen to both heartbeats, very strong still! Now we have to wait until 8/14 for our next appt, which will be about 2 hours long including the double anatomy scans. Very excited to know what names to concentrate on and of course, to see both babies are growing at the right rate. Also, excited to set up our "sex reveal" photo shoot! Our plan is to have 2 boxes, decorated and labeled Baby A and Baby B. A friend will get the envelope with the sexes listed and fill each box with the appropriate colored balloons that'll we'll open up and find out while on camera. Very VERY excited!

We are 16w2d and tomorrow are finally announcing to DH's work that we are expecting! I will be spending the day today making chocolate, caramel, raspberry flavored candies in the shape of different baby related things. Very excited!

QOTW- We haven't started yet on the nursery, fear of jinxing anything due to years of struggle. But with the good news we got this week, we will be looking seriously at cribs and perhaps buy them in the next few weeks. We are pretty sure we have decided on a classic Winnie the Pooh themed room but want to make sure we feel the same way after we find out the sexes. After that, we will go into over drive!

• Woot! 15 weeks tomorrow, EDD 1/12/16 with one bean - team pink!

Next app't isn't until 8/12 - when I will be 19 weeks. It's an awfully long wait. (Last app't was 7/6.). Feeling good, slightly less crazy, thank goodness the hormones are easing up a bit. And I'm eating pretty much all food again, though I'm still leery of eggs.

QOTW: Yoda will be sharing a room with her big sister, so the nursery has been done for almost a year (DD1's birthday is 8/8). It's not so nursery-ish, walls are green and we have "real" art, not kid-centric art, on the walls. We wanted a room that wouldn't have to be repainted and redone as they got older. Yoda will start in a bassinet in our room, then move into a pack 'n' play in the nursery until big sis moves from the crib to a bed.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Loading the player...
  • @marnief so happy you've joined me in the 2nd trimester!!! Congrats on the little lady brewing inside of you.

Glad you are able to eat more again, that is such a terrible part of being pregnant! I asked DH to cook me meat last night and he about fainted. 

Your nursery sounds so nice and is such a great idea to plan ahead so you are not changing it every couple of years. 
  • 15w2days today, we celebrated hubby's birthday Friday with a Dr appointment where we got to listen to the doppler (out loud instead of tiny earbuds!) I love that he's still in awe every time we hear the heartbeat and movement. We were trying to get the anatomy scan done before going up to Maine, which would be 17w6d, but the OB said it wasn't really worth the potential inaccuracies, so we all have to wait for the week after we get back. I was SUPER bummed, but we're going to take the opportunity to do a 50/50 raffle with our family as part of a gender reveal.

Qotw: I've had major reservations about doing anything too preemptive during this pregnancy to avoid "the jinx" and while we haven't started readying the nursery, I definitely went and built the registry and started planning. I'm definitely with @marnief and not doing a baby theme, but keeping it as something that will be able to grow with them. Friends and coworkers jokingly call me the other Martha Stewart, so I'm sure no matter how the nursery turns out it will be great! I can't wait to see pictures of everyone's rooms and ideas!!

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • I'm 15w4d and will find out sex on August 17th making me about 19 and a bit weeks.

We are waiting to co ordinate with my 19 years old brother coming over for a visit and we are collecting him from the airport in the city I need to go for the scan. He is excited to be one of the first to know.

Feeling a lot better although we experienced a serious tragedy with the awful passing of a young friend of ours and had a terrible week last week. The stress took its toll today and I was in bed most of the day and was crying a lot. I know it's not good for the baby but it's also very hard getting a handle on my emotions after such an awful experience. This weekend is my birthday and we have plans to go to the mountains and stay with friends so hoping this helps to get me calm again. Although I feel terrible focusing so much on myself after all that's happened but I know it's important and thankfully the family where repatriated home yesterday so feel able to start focusing on my own grief instead of theirs.

I have definitely started thinking about the babies room (plural due to my adoption of my daughter due home the same time pretty much as baby bean!)
    Both will share a room however both will start in ours. Our house set up means our current lounge area will be the room as the other rooms in the house wouldn't work as they are separate from the main building where we sleep ( African village housings a little complicated!)

My plans isn't to make it super 'nursery-esque' I have already started getting a custom mosquito net made and a ceiling fan for that room. Super practical stuff but important. I am being handed down a lot of my stuff so will be getting most of it in September.

• @andimegie325- what a great birthday present for your husband! I agree its a bummer having to wait to find out the sex a couple of extra weeks. How are you planning to do the raffle? (We just started a lotto pool with family and friends where they can guess the sexes and if they are right, move on to guessing the weights to win it all after we deliver, so exciting!) 
    I cannot wait to see photos or read what you've decided to do with the nursery!

@Somewhereinafrica- That's great your brother will get to know so soon after! 
    I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. It's ok to spend time crying it out, it's better to grieve when it feels right than it is to keep it bottled up. And try not to worry about little one too much, remember pregnant women have crazy hormones and cry all of the time.
    Happy early birthday!!!!! 
    I didn't know you were also adopting at the same time! What a fun, crazy ride that'll be for you guys. Is your daughter from your area and how old will she be? That's very exciting! 
  • @MrsBwIVF we'll be selling tickets and they can drop it into a girl bag or a boy bag. We'll be announcing WAY before this, but at the shower we would pick from the appropriate bag to determine the winner. The other 50% would go back towards the shower, so it's really our parents who'll be hosting the raffle.

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Hi ladies. I'm new to 2nd tri, 14 weeks yesterday. EDD is 1/21, one bean on board. We won't find out the sex for a few more weeks...I can't wait! Next appt is on the 30th, I'll be 15 weeks and am looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again.

QOTW: we haven't started on the nursery at all. We are hoping to move in the next couple months, and it's making it hard to plan, not knowing what sort or space we'll have.
  • Hello ladies I'm unfortunately writing this from hospital bed. Yesterday I started bleeding more blood than I have ever seen. It took 6 hrs to get to hospital at which point I was pouring blood, I was convinced baby was gone.

I have a sub chronic hematoma under placenta which had come away. Slightly.

Baby is alive and well. But they have said it's very 50/50 if the placenta will stay.

I'm blessed my baby is alive but I'm scared about what lies ahead. Anyone experience this?

• @Somewhereinafrica I am so sorry you are going through this! I did comment with my own experience in your other post. Please, keep us updated and know you're in our thoughts. 
  • @andimegie325 that raffle sounds like a great idea! 

@emcarl24 welcome! Hearing the heartbeat is always very exciting!