Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Tetraploidy

Hi All in June my wife had our 2nd M/c we thought it was a blighted ovum which after it was sent for analysis came back to be a male with Tetraploidy. Has anyone had experience with this? The first MC we didn't do any testing. And the doctor was not concerned until the second time. The recommendation is genetic counseling. Any one have experience in this? Any advice would be great. Thank you all.

J
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tetraploidy

• I  miscarried Tetraploidy twins in June. Unfortunately I don't have any information either except that it is rare. In our case my OB isn't concerned since we have two healthy children. The doctor determined it to be "a fluke". Thoughts and prayers. Hope you get some answers.

Our Miracles: BFP- May 14, 2015... diagnosed with SCH. Collapsed Sac- May 29, 2015. Determined to be failed twin tetraploidy pregnancy.
    "Never in my arms, Always in my heart"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thank you for you're response and thoughts. As a side question how did you know it was twins?

J
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Initially they thought I was having a partial molar pregnancy; however, it did not meet the normal criteria. They finally looked at it from the chromosomal level to rule out the molar and determined it was a failed tetraploidy twin pregnancy. Now my understanding is that tetraploidy is in and of itself failed twin division in a single egg... they just classified it on my paperwork as a failed twin tetraploidy and that's how my doctor explained it to me. Hope that helps.

Our Miracles: BFP- May 14, 2015... diagnosed with SCH. Collapsed Sac- May 29, 2015. Determined to be failed twin tetraploidy pregnancy.
    "Never in my arms, Always in my heart"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers