Adoption
Options

I'm was adopted as a infant and...

I recently found out it was even more of a blessing than I originally thought. My mom had ovarian cancer at the age of 13 and a hysterectomy 3 weeks later so her and my dad had no other choice but to adopt someday if they wanted a child. I found my biological parents by chance /accident ( I hate the term " biological parents", really they are nothing to me but I don't know what else to call them honestly). It was a closed adoption and my mom and dad always told me someday if I wanted to find them they would help me but I never wanted to. I saw my adoption papers and it had what my last name would have been on them. The hospital made an error on my discharge summary. Fast forward a few years ... I was working at Menards and a man handed me a rebate check and it was the same odd last name. I asked him a few questions and I saw it in his face he knew who I was. He tried to walk away but I did get my mothers first name out of him . Turns out that man was my biological uncle on moms side . Fast forward 10 years till now . I found out I'm pregnant and it really made me want to ask some questions about my own family history . I looked for my biological mother on Facebook and I found her in 5 minutes due to the strange last name. I wrote her a private message thanking her for making the decision she did 29 years ago and how very blessed I have been because of her selfless decision. I asked if I could know my heritage and family hx of any diseases as well. I clearly stated I don't want a relationship or a reunion . I just wanted to say thank you. Yesterday she wrote me back and told me that I was a mistake, she didn't have money to have an abortion, no health info , and basically was the most awful thing I have ever read. She has severe mental problems. However, she DID give me my biological dads name. I found him today and long story short he wouldn't give her the $$$ for an abortion and she moved away. He assumed I didn't exist and he's an alcoholic who just got out of jail. The reason why I'm sharing this with you all is to let you know that the act of adoption is usually because the adoptee parents want a child, somebody to love, to selflessly share their lives with a child whether it's not possible to conceive your own or by choice . What you are really potentially doing is saving babies like I was from what could have been a living hell. You are saving lives in more than one way! There is so much love in your hearts that you can forget about the fact that that child isn't biological to you and fall in love with him/her instantly. I would be a completely different person if my parents (much like you guys im sure ) didn't bring me into their loving home. So I'll tell you all the same thing I told my parents when they were both alive ( RIP dad) thank you for what you are doing, what you did, and what you will do to help your child / future child throughout their lives. There's a special place in heaven for people who choose to adopt .

Re: I'm was adopted as a infant and...