Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Dang **Update**

linzandjer11linzandjer11 member
edited July 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hey all, I haven't checked in at the bump this pregnancy, but I'm looking for some encouragement. Here's my story-

I got pregnant by accident, had a very Uneventful pregnancy, and gave birth to a healthy boy last March. My home birth didn't go as planned, and I was so excited to get pregnant again. Who cares how close in age- the closer the better! We tried for a while while I was breastfeeding and got pregnant in February. At 8 weeks I didn't have any symptoms and started spotting at 9 weeks. I had an ultrasound that showed a completely empty womb and a dilated cervix. It was a natural miscarriage. I was devastated. I got pregnant again in June and am now due in February. I'm about 9 weeks again. 

First bummer: I'm out of state with my family for 2 weeks while my husband takes a class. It's hard to be apart when things go wrong. 
Second bummer: I started spotting yesterday. It was just a little, and brown and then it stopped for a long time. Then there was a more significant amount before bed last night. I woke up with a clean pad and haven't had much/any since. 

Basically wondering if there are hopeful stories out there, or if any of you experienced something similar. Since I'm out of state, away from my midwife, I don't really know what to do besides wait. It'll be clear eventually. But I set up an appointment tomorrow at one of those free pregnancy centers just to see a heartbeat or if there's still a baby in there. 
**Update** After navigating through insurance and hospital phone mazes and coming up empty, i found an awesom midwife (CPM, LM). She was able to refer me to a reasonably priced radiologist for an ultrasound. They found out the baby has been gone for three weeks, and my body is doing what it is supposed to.

Re: Dang **Update**

• Options
    I am 9w3d today and have had spotting since starting progesterone suppositories. Sometimes pink, sometimes brown. Last Sunday I felt a gush and found I was bleeding and passed a clot. No cramping and as the day went on, it turned to brown spotting. Called the doctor Monday and they got me in for an us. Baby is measuring correctly, cervix closed, and good heartbeat. He saw a small pocket of blood right above my cervix and said to expect more spotting and that 1/3 of women bleed during pregnancy. I am still nervous for my next us, but after seeing that blood clot, it was a relief to see all was well on us. Hope you are also just 1 in 3 and everything is ok! It is so tough not to worry after a loss, then to add weird bleeding to that. Nerve wracking!
  • Options
    Thanks this is what i needed to hear! Hopefully i'll have some more answers tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had spotting off and on throughout this whole pregnancy.  Its due to an SCH (sub Chrionic Hematoma) they never saw it until 10 weeks.  This could be the reason for the spotting it could also be an irritated cervix. I know lots of women with spotting that have gone on to have successful pregnancies.  My bleeding has been so worrisome tho that I I got a Doppler to use at home and now find it very comforting to be able to hear my LO's heartbeat after a bleeding episode. Good luck and hope you can get checked out soon to put your mind at ease.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    @lindzandjer11 - I am so sorry for your loss. I have had two as well. Take care of yourself, take the time you need.
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    designer303designer303 member
    edited July 2015
    I'm so sorry!! Be good to yourself and feel however you need to feel. Do anything that makes you Feel even a tiny bit better. Sending you and your DH thoughts and prayers for strength and peace.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage