August 2015 Moms

End of August due dates...

I am not due until August 27. I suspect I'll actually go early but seeing all these birth announcements popping up has me seriously wanting my baby! I'm 35 weeks tmrw so there's plenty of time to cook, but gosh it makes me anxious! Are you feeling the same?
Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: End of August due dates...

• Dear God yes! I'm due Aug 23. I'm not rushing him but that sounds soooo far away. Not to
    Mention this pelvic pain and feet swelling are less than fun. But I can lie and say I'm
    Not a bit anxious. Serious countdown mode over this way
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also due Aug 27.  I find my whole pregnancy flew by except for now.  The heat has really been getting to me!  I guess it's good I still have some time though b/c we still have lots to do before she arrives!

I am getting nervous though..and anxious!
  • I'm due the August 28th. For sure anxious to meet baby girl, but would like her to stay in as long as possible. I'm not sure how much longer that will be though. I had a positive fnn test at 32 weeks so my doctor said the odds of going full term are slim.
  • aschexn said:

I'm also due Aug 27.  I find my whole pregnancy flew by except for now.  The heat has really been getting to me!  I guess it's good I still have some time though b/c we still have lots to do before she arrives!

I hear you on the heat bc we are in Las Vegas. And I was just saying this pregnancy has flown by but the past week it's come to a halt. We went to the hospital today to pre-register and my kids were w me. They thought I was actually having the baby. So now that's all they keep asking is "when".
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • louiseambroselouiseambrose member
    edited July 2015
    Aug 29 here. I am definitely hoping for some more cook time, and really planning on a September baby (FTM). It does feel like we have FOREVER but at the same time, no time at all!!
  • I'm due the August 28th. For sure anxious to meet baby girl, but would like her to stay in as long as possible. I'm not sure how much longer that will be though. I had a positive fnn test at 32 weeks so my doctor said the odds of going full term are slim.

You've made it this far. You can do it, little girl!
  • Thanks for the encouragement @LilLee11 . I keep telling my husband maybe I'll be the story of the women who had preterm labor and then went until 41 weeks! Lol
  • Our little girl is due to arrive on Aug. 31st so I still have 5.5 weeks to go.  It seems like it is going slow, but I know it will actually fly by.  I have this horrible feeling that she will arrive early and something will still need to be done.  I keep bugging my husband to help me finish things in the nursery and around the house so that I don't feel like I am forgetting something.  Of course I also can't wait for her to get here.  My head is mixed bag of emotions right now.
  • I'm due 8/18 and I feel the same. This week has been by far the worst. Almost there just a few more weeks to go.
  • I'm due August 29th! I love being pregnant but the hot n humid days def have me uncomfortable, esp at work! I'm so anxious to meet my baby girl but I know I will miss feeling her inside me. I agree with others though that it's the wondering when and where it'll happen that drives me crazy! I feel fairly calm towards the whole process so far but worry that as my due date comes or passes, I'll get more anxious and fearful! I just need to keep reading my hypnobirthing book!
  • August 29th here, and now time is dragging. I'll be having a csection (previous 2 were csecs so I was denied a vbac :( ) but golly it seems far away but still so close. I haven't scheduled it yet but I have a feeling she will be September baby
  • I'm due august 24 and I am so excited to meet this little boy! I know he needs these last 4.5 weeks to grow and finish up but all these birth announcements are making waiting so hard and feel much longer. Hopefully I'm able to get back to work soon just for the fact that it will make time go by faster but I have things I still need to get done also.
  • I have a scheduled C-Section for the 29th. My second and third will be 14 months apart. I was denied a VBAC due to them being so close. I went a week early last time. So maybe that will happen this time. The heat is starting to get to me as well. I'm so excited for baby girl to get here. The first and second are boys. However, I am no where near ready for her. I have procrastinated so much this pregnancy.
  • August 20th! I'm ready one day and the next totally not. This heat in NC is making the days drag by for sure.
  • dpmm93dpmm93 member
    I'm due August 27th too! It seems so far away, I get excited seeing more & more birth annoucements but I think my baby is in there for the long haul.. I was a 10lb baby so I'm guessing that's what I'll be delivering by the end of next month or early September lol
  • August 30th.. and I'm expecting on having a September baby but we'll see when the time comes! The August birth announcements get me super excited and is an extra kick for me to get the house in order before baby comes. 
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @kgeiser08 That's a bummer you got denied a VBAC. I was able to successfully VBAC a day shy of 11 months after my c-section. GL with the RCS.
  • It's hard to have the late due date on a BMB. I was the 27th as well but since twins come early, I won't go until then. It does get hard when the birth announcements come out in full force. But you'll have your time - even though it feels like it sometimes, you won't be pregnant forever! :)

• Right there with you girls! Also August 27. Although, i will say... I'm not really uncomfortable yet, and have some big fears about this whole thing, so I'm intent on enjoying this last month. It's been just me and DH for 11 years, I'm cherishing the very last time ever we will have this dynamic. That's not to say this little girl wasn't planned (tried for 1.5 years) or well loved (we are so excited!) it's just hard to get used to the idea that it will be completely different starting soon, for ever! Hang in there ladies!
  • I totally agree with you about wanting your body back! N I can't wait to get back to my pre pregnancy workouts/activities!
  • Due august 24th. 35 weeks and 3 days. At my 33 week high risk appt baby was estmated at 5.14oz went to my regular ob appt for 34 weeks at he said he is over six pounds and i was 50% effaced. I think my LO will be here sooner then later. Next appt is tomorrow we will see what they say. Been having contractions here and there as well.
  • Good luck! Wishing you and your little one all the best!
  • ellis6758 said:

Due august 24th. 35 weeks and 3 days. At my 33 week high risk appt baby was estmated at 5.14oz went to my regular ob appt for 34 weeks at he said he is over six pounds and i was 50% effaced. I think my LO will be here sooner then later. Next appt is tomorrow we will see what they say. Been having contractions here and there as well.

Awe were due date buddies! Lol good luck at your appt tomorrow! I go in in Friday.
  • August 31st...I was just telling my DH this weekend that I want sooooooo badly to meet her ASAP, but rational me knows that she isn't ready and needs more time to cook. It does make me a little more anxious to see all these birth announcements. And a little jealous to see people post things like "2 more weeks!" But we will each have our turn, and it will be amazing!
    Joey 06.05.2010, MC Jan 2014-EDD 09.11.2014, Aurelia 08.24.2015 (lost twin ~12 weeks), Ectopic Loss Feb 2016, EDD 01.03.2018
  • August 29, twins. 34w4d. I think with the next pregnancy I will cheat and join the board for the month after lol! It's really hard to feel like I'm making progress when everyone else is ahead of me.
  • jakira92 said:

August 29, twins. 34w4d. I think with the next pregnancy I will cheat and join the board for the month after lol! It's really hard to feel like I'm making progress when everyone else is ahead of me.

I'm due same day! Only 1 though :-) good luck with your twins and I hope the next few weeks go smoothly and are comfortable for you!
  • jakira92jakira92 member
    edited July 2015
    Kwest1007 said:

jakira92 said:

August 29, twins. 34w4d. I think with the next pregnancy I will cheat and join the board for the month after lol! It's really hard to feel like I'm making progress when everyone else is ahead of me.

I'm due same day! Only 1 though :-) good luck with your twins and I hope the next few weeks go smoothly and are comfortable for you!
    Thank you! Good luck to you too! :)
  • Thanks for the encouragement @LilLee11 . I keep telling my husband maybe I'll be the story of the women who had preterm labor and then went until 41 weeks! Lol

A friend of mine was frequently in pre-term labor witth her daughter last year, but they were always able to stop it before it progressed too far. She ended up maing it to 40 weeks, so you never know!
  • abbybaby19abbybaby19 member
    edited July 2015
    August 31st here too. Definitely starting to get anxious, but Im trying to focus on other things until its time. Its hard though when Im addicted to this forum and keep reading baby announcements and topics every day. Lol. Its like self inflicted torture.
  • @archetypeblonde I'm always happy to see you on here bumping and still pregnant! Fingers crossed for you late August mama and all those on bedrest/ptl scares!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm due Aug 20th. Considering how stubborn DH is and how late I generally am, this baby will probably stay put as long as allowed. My dr is talking about inducing sometime in my 39th week for high blood pressure pre pregnancy. Not looking forward to it since this baby will probably be stubborn and not want to come out. ;)
  • Ok first my doctor said sept 4 then ultrasound tech said more like aug 22nd. Been going by August 22nd and am just so excited to meet my little boy. I'm scared though for sure. (FTM) so some days excited others scared!
  • LilLee11 said:

aschexn said:

I'm also due Aug 27.  I find my whole pregnancy flew by except for now.  The heat has really been getting to me!  I guess it's good I still have some time though b/c we still have lots to do before she arrives!

I hear you on the heat bc we are in Las Vegas. And I was just saying this pregnancy has flown by but the past week it's come to a halt. We went to the hospital today to pre-register and my kids were w me. They thought I was actually having the baby. So now that's all they keep asking is "when".
    I am due the first of August so I'm anxious!! I am sure glad the heat in Vegas hasn't been excruciating these past two weeks!!
  • August 20th, mostly scared/nervous of delivering!! I'm excited to see and hold her, but then being completely responsible for a little helpless being is kind of daunting too! I'm hoping my fears will be somewhat relieved once she's here, tho.