April 2014 Moms

Apps

I know this has been discussed before but it has been awhile. We leave for our 27 hour car ride in less than a week and I need some ideas for apps. I already downloaded quite a few but I'd rather have way too many than too little. Any new ones that your LO loves??

Thanks!!!!

Re: Apps

• Mine have both loved flash card type apps at this age. The ones I use are old from when DD was little, but they still do the trick. The favourite is Flash Apps and another called First Words (with a duck on it). Since our long trip he has become a little I obsessed. I actually really do like the Flash Apps. I think he has learned quite a bit from it.
  • My little guy still likes peek a boo barn. Or just watching videos of himself. (He's so vain and finds himself hilarious haha)

There are also the Endless apps (Endless numbers or Endless alphabet etc) that are supposed to be really good. Our babies might be a little small for them but I think will grow into them soon.

When he has to use his nebulizer we let him watch super simple songs on YouTube. Not sure if you can download them while or before you are driving.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ds2 loves to watch the fisher price laugh and learn apps that my 3 year old had on his tablet

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Where's Gumbo, Peek a boo barn, and yes! Super Simple songs on YouTube keep him entertained.
  • This is probably old news, but if you activate the "guided access" on an iPhone/iPad it locks the app open, so they can't push the "home" button and keep exiting the app. I recently learned about it and it saved us on a couple car trips.

P.S. If that horrible description doesn't make sense just tell me and I'll try to explain better :)
  • Oh my gosh! This is new news to me! Checking it out now! LO loves the darn home button and Siri. Drives me nuts and ruins the usefulness of the special phone privileges. Haha.
  • @0jamielynn0 you just made my day! I'm so happy to know this!
  • Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know about it! It's a lifesaver! LO loves the home button too, but then would get mad that the app closed. Problem solved! But, now he looks at me all confused when the screen doesn't change when he pushes the button
  • Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know about it! It's a lifesaver! LO loves the home button too, but then would get mad that the app closed. Problem solved! But, now he looks at me all confused when the screen doesn't change when he pushes the button

Yeah! Massive confusion here too when I let him watch an episode of peg+cat because I feel sick and he is sick. He kept looking at me like "why is this button not working?!" Ha!
  • This is probably old news, but if you activate the "guided access" on an iPhone/iPad it locks the app open, so they can't push the "home" button and keep exiting the app. I recently learned about it and it saved us on a couple car trips.

P.S. If that horrible description doesn't make sense just tell me and I'll try to explain better :)

Yes! DH learned this before our trip and it is AMAZING!!!!! LO Ioves that home button!