Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Hcg levels are decreasing, how long before bleeding starts?

On Monday I got a confirmed pregnancy - my hcg levels were 35. Today, Wednesday, they've decreased to 20. I'm just waiting for the inevitable. How long until the bleeding starts? And until we can try again? Any advice, please.

Re: Hcg levels are decreasing, how long before bleeding starts?

• It can take a very long time to start bleeding. I'm 8 weeks post ultrasound showing no HB and only just started very light spotting. If you don't think you can wait, get a D&C because it does take its toll. I'm sorry for your loss xx
  • Sorry for your loss. With your hcg being so low the bleeding should start any day. I highly doubt that a doctor would do anything to speed it up. My most recent miscarriage I had an hcg of mid 300 and my doctor said it was much to low for a d&c or even misaprostal and that I would just need to wait it out. I know it sucks!
  • Loading the player...
  • jfp1218jfp1218 member
    edited July 2015
    Thank you.  It started this morning - which I would rather it be sooner than later, so I am thankful the waiting is over.   Back in November, we lost our sweet son at 38 w 5 days.  This is our 1st confirmed pregnancy since we lost him.  It's just a stab in the heart and brings up all of those feelings.   It does suck!  I hope the next time we have better results.