January 2016 Moms

WINNING WEDNESDAY!!!

Post something that doesn't suck about pregnancy -or- a high five to yourself for being awesome!

Props to @KaraEpp16 for this thread idea! We need some positivity!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: WINNING WEDNESDAY!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Mine are all food related!

My dad brings me delicious home cooked meals all the time...my best friend randomly buys me macaroons...DH will go out of his way to get me a french toast bagel or whatever else I happen to be craving that minute...

So basically, I'm a spoiled brat.

• I finally found hair elastics small enough to make a tiny ponytail on DD! Winning!
  • I'd kill for a lifetime supply of macarons. They're impossible to find around here! My SO got me a kit to make them myself for Christmas, but it's too daunting so I still haven't attempted it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • All food = winning. Crazy how some days I experience trouble finding something that sounds good and other days I want to eat all of aisle 5 of the grocery store.

@vvitchhazel I have complete faith you could bust out some tastey macaroons. Points to SO for winning with that gift idea.
  • Pregnancy has made my hair grow faster so I can grow my hair long again! I'm so close to all my hair in a ponytail
  • Pregnancy perk: These boobs!

I'll give myself a pat on the back for giving DH a morning quicky before he went to work at 530am. Hopefully he comes home less stressed out today. It's been a rough week on him.
  • @KaraEpp16 I was pretty impressed! I think now that I'm starting to feel better, I might give it a shot. Or maybe I should wait til we move so I'm not loading us up on ingredients... We've been trying to clear out the pantries so we don't have to move all kinds of perishables.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @vvitchhazel  That is awesome...I would be all over that macaroon kit! I had never had them until my friend started bringing me them after I got pregnant. Did you ever have a nutella macaroon?!?

• I'd kill for a lifetime supply of macarons. They're impossible to find around here! My SO got me a kit to make them myself for Christmas, but it's too daunting so I still haven't attempted it.

Do you have a trader joe's? They have pretty good macaroons in their frozen section.

No Trader Joe's around here, unfortunately. I did find a 12 pack of frozen ones that aren't really that good at Walmart for $8, but I just can't justify $8 on something I can inhale in less than a minute. If they were delicious, I'd do it. But they're just barely okay.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cjd&k no limits on whether its pregnancy related! I don't blame you for being excited!

• @vvitchhazel  That is awesome...I would be all over that macaroon kit! I had never had them until my friend started bringing me them after I got pregnant. Did you ever have a nutella macaroon?!?

I hate hazelnut, so no Nutella for me! I have had a jalapeño one though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also team food. Yum!

I've started to get some energy back, so I've been walking and jogging (mostly walking) and doing some toning exercises. It feels good to move after being a zombie for months.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• My nails are also stronger then ever! I also love not having a period, for the simple reason I don't have grossness hindering my sex life 3-5 days a month. Also, word is spreading at work so I'm doing less heavy lifting. Some of the guys see me getting ready to lift and they just step in. Normally I'd be happy to do it myself, but I'm trying to adjust. I won't be able to do some things once I'm 8 months
  • sck601sck601 member
    edited July 2015
    @vvitchhazel  That is awesome...I would be all over that macaroon kit! I had never had them until my friend started bringing me them after I got pregnant. Did you ever have a nutella macaroon?!?

Your coolness level just dropped a few points.

Edit: grammar

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• sck601 said:
    @vvitchhazel  That is awesome...I would be all over that macaroon kit! I had never had them until my friend started bringing me them after I got pregnant. Did you ever have a nutella macaroon?!?
    You're coolness level just dropped a few points.
    LMAO -  Guess you should have saved that one for FFFC.
  • Winning Wednesday: my dd and I heard baby's heartbeat today! A healthy 152 bpm at my 16wk check up.
    So much winning! Yay!
  • jencrojencro member
    Winning Wednesday (love the idea):
    -Great boobs, hair, nails
    -People not letting me lift anything...I can't wait to move later this year and only be tasked with unpacking boxes IF I feel like it :)

• I'm at physical therapy and they wrapped my shoulder and back in ice and it felt so good! And I got an extra 5 minutes after the timer went off :)
  • cjd&kcjd&k member

I'd kill for a lifetime supply of macarons. They're impossible to find around here! My SO got me a kit to make them myself for Christmas, but it's too daunting so I still haven't attempted it.

My SO used to work at this small town general store and they made home made macaroons. He would bring me home big heart shaped ones! Now I just get them when I drive to California to visit family because there's a bakery half way with really yummy ones. I just got some from my MIL that had chocolate on them.
  • Yeah, speaking of not lifting, I move next month and I'm so pumped to not have to do any of the dirty work!

And I stand by my hate of hazelnut!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, there's a difference between macaroons and macarons, so I wonder if we're all talking about the same thing?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Every Wednesday we go to the MIL's house for dinner. I secretly love it because DH and I get to sit on our butts and have quality time just relaxing while MIL cooks dinner and BIL and FIL entertain the baby. Plus free home-cooked meals!
  • I want macaroons now
  • Now all I can think about it all the food I'll be eating tomorrow......ohmnomnomnomnom
    Me:28 DH:35
    Married: 7.23.11
    DD:10.17.12
    EDD #2!:1.17.16 

• MEB67MEB67 member

My winning Wednesday:

So jealous!!!
  • @Emott13 My parents do something like that on Sundays at least once a month. So awesome to be able to sit on your butt. I usually helped before but now I'm a bump.

@vvhitchhazel - I want that. But I'm trying to be good!
  • LljbeanLljbean member
    edited July 2015
    My winning Wednesday:

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA amazing. 
    Me:28 DH:35
    Married: 7.23.11
    DD:10.17.12
    EDD #2!:1.17.16 

• Love this idea! My hair is also growing crazy! Winning because I was able to run outside and had to pop a squat mid run and didn't pee on myself!!!! Or flash anyone! I'm very proud of this. Also winning because I meal prepped and don't have to cook for the rest of the week.
  • @mommachanner not peeing on yourself is a definite win!