April 2015 Moms
Options

Spitting up

my 3 month old spits up constantly! It doesn't seem to bother her and she sleeps through the night so I know she gets enough calories but I feel like she spits up a lot! She is bf and drools a Tonne too, and she's not easy to burp usually gives me maybe one burb. Anyone else? And is there any reason to worry about how much she spits up? My friend asked if I should ask my doc about it and now I am wondering how normal it is

Re: Spitting up

• Options
    kperrokperro member
    My 11 week old is the same way! He spits up after almost every feeding, but is never fussy, sleeps well, has lots of wet and soiled diapers and is gaining lots so my doc told me it's nothing to worry about!
  • Options
    Mine is exactly the same. We have tried different feeding positions, burping during feedings, and smaller feeding sessions. Still spits up lots. As long as LO isn't projectile vomiting regularly, gaining weight and has lots of wet diapers, I wouldn't worry - though talk to doctor if concerned. I am cutting out dairy, soy, and eggs for a few weeks to see if that helps. The protein in those often cause problems - which they typically will grow out of.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son is the same way. He is breastfed as well and can be difficult to burp. He constantly spits up. I talked to my doctor about it at his two month check up. The doctor said that as long as he is gaining weight that it is nothing to worry about and pretty common.
  • Options
    My baby will definitely spit up if you pick her up soon after a feeding, especially a big feeding. You have to be careful with her and not jostle her around too much. I like to lay her down on her back and let her look around and play as long as she's happy and digest and let everything settle before picking her up. Picking her up and patting her on the back for a burp is guaranteed to get a big spit-up. After she lays on her back for a while scooping her up is all we need to do to get a couple of burps.

It feels like it wasn't that long ago that we had to do loooong hard burping sessions after each feeding to help her get rid of her burps. She has changed!
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson