May 2015 Moms
Options

Funny babies

i don't know if we have a discussion about this yet or not, but let's talk about our babies personalities! It's amazing that , even though they are so young, they can be so funny! What are some funny, annoying, or amazing things your LO does? What are some personality traits you think they have? Or something they always do that just makes you laugh!

Re: Funny babies

• Options
    Every time we enter a new room my LO looks around w wide eyes and says "ohhhh". I say she will be an interior designer because she loves decorations! Also when I put her down and she starts crying and I walk over to her and she has the biggest smile. (She knows she is rotten and gets what ever she wants) haha. Lastly, this isn't a personality trait, but it makes me laugh. When she sleeps in her crib she always scoots herself down. At least once through the night I have to put her back in the middle of her crib. She is always tangled in the bars at the bottom (it doesn't seem to bother her, she never even wakes up! She can sleep through anything!)
  • Options
    My little guy loves when I meow like a cat! He also loves ceiling fans lol. He is quite the kicker (I knew this from the beginning!) and likes to scoot. I'm afraid we'll have our hands full once he learns to crawl!! He's very laid back and inquisitive like his daddy, the only times he's like his high strung mommy is when he's hungry (I NEED FOOD NOW!!) or when he's wet- he hates being wet but is ok pooping himself. Go figure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My guy never wants to look at himself in the mirror except during bath time...??? I guess he digs his nakedness. He also likes to yell at his big brother already. Brother makes faces and he squeals at him everytime.
  • Options
    My DS loves getting his nose and cheeks washed. Every morning we do a face and hands wash. He hates it at first but as soon as I wipe his nose he is all smiles. And then his cheeks just put him over the top ecstatic.

He also hates the bath when he first goes in. Every time. We sing the rubber ducky song and he settles right down and then loves the bath and hates coming out. Oh and DH freaks out every time DS pees in the tub. He's been doing it more frequently now and I think intentionally to scare his dad ;)
  • Options
    My son already loves peek a boo!! Whenever I go to tuck him into his swing or what not, I cover his face lightly with the blanket and then pull it down and he's all smiles!! And last night, dad had him in the carrier trying to get him used to it and he kept fussing whenever he couldn't see me. We also had a 5 minute conversation while daddy sulked. The baby would coo at me and I'd mimic him and he'd get a huge grin and then coo some more!! He's the sweetest boy!
  • Options
    My son loves singing back to me I'll start singing a song when he's upset and he will try to join me it cheers him up instantly I think I might have myself a little musician! Also he loves spending all his time with mommy and cries when I'm not around
  • Options
    I've got a similar one, @mrswynn2014

As soon as my hands are around DS's body, he stops crying and grins. He's like, "I tricked you into holding me!" ;)
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Haha my son also smiles when I meow like a cat! I sing "Hopelessly devoted to you" from Grease and he always smiles.. So sweet! He loves it when I tickle his feet.. And he is so funny when he sneezes, he always makes this funny fake sneeze sound at the end... He is too cute :x
  • Options
    Bon2737 said:

Haha my son also smiles when I meow like a cat! I sing "Hopelessly devoted to you" from Grease and he always smiles.. So sweet! He loves it when I tickle his feet.. And he is so funny when he sneezes, he always makes this funny fake sneeze sound at the end... He is too cute :x

Omg my lo has the cutest sneeze, it's like an old man big sneeze from this little baby lol. My MIL has a very loud sneeze and I'm wondering if that's where he got it.

He also scrunches one side of his face when he smiles, it's like a pirate or something.

And lately, if something isn't going his way but he's not freaking out too badly, he'll do this complaint/bossy coo. It's too cute.
  • Options
    My LO always gives the biggest smiles if she poops in the middle of a diaper change and makes a mess, she also loves getting her clothes changed which is good cause my sister treats her like a living doll, always playing dress up
  • Options
    Kye042Kye042 member
    My LO has attempted his first laugh this week (8 weeks) and it was absolutely adorable. It melted my heart. He likes to mimic me when I laugh.

He loves lights, vowel sounds (he'll make sounds back at you) and his toy dinosaur. He freaks out if you read to him, has a wet diaper or if he's hungry he loses it.
  • Options
    Little girl loves baths and wearing nothing but a diaper. She's 7 weeks and started smiling last week. All it takes is me to grin or do a raspberry and she'll give me the biggest smile. She also never has cried much. She grunts instead- but she knows it works!
  • Options
    mars8kmars8k member
    I posted this today somewhere else but i love it so much i'll post it again!

DD sometimes plays this game with me where she smiles while nursing and if i giggle she giggles back and we keep doing that till she's tired, i love love love love it! There's nothing more amazing than a happy baby! DD is not an exceptionally smiley baby, she's more fussy than calm specially this week, so it means that much more when she's happy!
  • Options
    @Hawk&Eye my LO does the scrunchy smile face too! It's soo sweet.
  • Options
    Kye042 said:

My LO has attempted his first laugh this week (8 weeks) and it was absolutely adorable. It melted my heart. He likes to mimic me when I laugh.

He loves lights, vowel sounds (he'll make sounds back at you) and his toy dinosaur. He freaks out if you read to him, has a wet diaper or if he's hungry he loses it.

My LO freaks out when I try to read to her too! I'm like no we have to read this book haha haven't tried for a few weeks, maybe it's different now!

My LO also loves peek a boo, we lightly pull a soft blanket down her face and she cracks up! She loves vowel sounds and will talk back when we make them. She also loves when hubby makes this girgle sound in his throat.

It's funny how she has changed! Things that used to make her laugh and smile no longer do, it's like she is bored with those tricks and wants more!!
  • Options
    rae430rae430 member
    My DS talks CONSTANTLY! He looks is in the eyes and starts making all sorts of "gee... ahhhh... goooo" noises and waits for us to repeat them back. When we talk back, he gets this goofy smile on his face and starts babbling like crazy! At his two month appointment, the doctor put him in front of the mirror on his belly and he was almost yelling at his reflection. I think he's going to be a big talker!