Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Baby Items most needed in First Few Months?

Hi all - 

Apologies if this isn't the best place for this post but I thought it would be a good start.  I'm actually TTGP and active over there, but a good friend is due at the beginning of the August and I missed her baby shower and didn't send a gift from her registry.  I was thinking at this point, I would like to get her a 'basket' of items that new moms most need during their first few months of baby.  Thinking diapers, wipes, things like that.  I was hoping that I could get advice from people going through this/having just gone through this and what you wish you had/would have been nice to have more of. IDK if she plans to breastfeed.  
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
TTC Dec '13
BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
BFP 3/6/2016

Re: Baby Items most needed in First Few Months?

• Diapers - Size 2 or larger (everybody buys newborn or size 1)
    Wipes
    Lanolin (for breastfeeding and if she doesn't do that it's great for dry skin and rashes)
    Individually packaged snacks (grab and go foods are a new moms best friend)
    Pinxav diaper cream (if you can get it, works awesome, but only available in some states)
    Clothing in size 3 months or larger (babies grow quick, so it's very helpful to have clothes in the next size up)
    Burp Cloths (can never have too many)
    Waterproof pad (great for diaper free time)
    Toys (rattles/rings/etc.)
    Stuffed animal blanket thingy.
    Time - if you can coming over and cleaning the kitchen, doing some laundry, holding the baby so mom can nap or shower

Really you can't go wrong with anything. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• A friend did this for me and sent me the Frida snot sucker and Frida Windis, both of which have been a life saver. She also sent me a couple swaddles which came in handy. Also, maybe some practical things like nail clippers and a thermometer. Hope that helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Antibac, baby wash, bottle brush, baby books, play mat, bibs, burp cloths.
  • Larger sized diapers and clothing (w gift receipts in case she decides to stick w one brand of diapers or clothing ends of being off seasonally bc of baby's growth), washcloths, a birthday book, muslin receiving blankets, j&j premoistened baby wash disposable washcloths, sensitive baby wipes, small/mobile sound machine, triple paste diaper cream, hooded towels, Aveeno oatmeal bath, a wubbanub, a good infant moisturizer. if you see a larger item that strikes your fancy you can use the registry as a guide as to whether it has already been purchased (I.e. Play mat, activity seat, bath tub etc). I sometimes do these types of gifts and put everything in a small round laundry basket w some free & clear detergent so the mom to be has a little basket just for baby's dirty wash to keep separate from the rest of the family's laundry. Good luck!
  • foreskforesk member
    Nursing cover, disposable nursing pads (if she is going to breastfeed, I like Lansinoh brand), stroller accessories like netting or weather shield; baby memory book; boxes of tissues (babies spit up a lot); cute stroller blanket; infant headbands if she's expecting a girl and some cute baby socks and mittens; rattles; baby bottle rack