April 2015 Moms

Sleeping bags

Bub is 11 weeks and I'm confused with how many layers he should wear or if the 2.5 tog sleeping bag is warm enough for him. Do any of you feel the same way? Bub vomits alot and it's stinky... I'm not sure if he's getting a cold due to underdressing or overdressing him. What do you girls think?

Re: Sleeping bags

• I don't know what that sleeping bag is, but stinky spitup is kinda what they do at this age, so I think it's unrelated. As for gauging whether your LO is too hot or cold, you can usually tell by just feeling them - when my LO is too hot his head is really warm and if he's too cold I can tell by his feet or hands. The other rule if thumb is dress them in one layer more than what you need. A light layer. But I always error on the side of less since overheating is more dangerous.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • In an infant care class, they said to feel chest if baby is warm. From research, feel the back of neck and ears to gauge temperature. If they feel warm, they're at a good temperature. Heat escapes from the feet so they will feel cool/cold almost all of the time. My baby's feet are warm/hot if he's too hot! Also in infant care class, they said baby will not be able to sleep if too warm. I have been assessing baby's temp before he goes to bed / takes a nap. If his chest and neck feel cool, I put a footed sleeper on over a onesie for two layers. If he's warm, I dress him in a footed sleeper. If he's hot feeling then just a onesie or diaper.