High-Risk Pregnancy

Went to educational class for gd. Gestational diabetis

Did not anticipate being put on a special diet and be required to test my sugar daily bcs of proper healthy habits of exercising and eating well since i got pregnant. I m 33 weeks n got caught Off card when the nutritionist s diet plan did not include milk in the am. Its has been my strenght/cool thing to make myself home made iced coffee to get day goin. (Have an taste aversion to hot coffee in this first pregnancy of mine). On top of not having milk, she suggested no to coffee. Then no to decaf saying it has caffeine. The latter explanation ie for the coffee is that its related to possible complications wd learning abilities n dunno what else she said. Disappointing to be more and more limited towards the end. I dont feel like the typical pregnant woman who can enjoy food and exercise free... I know this all can help me at the end but still. More lifestyle changes Goin on.

Re: Went to educational class for gd. Gestational diabetis

• I understand what you're going through. I too was diagnosed at 33 weeks. Milk has a lot of sugar in it, so that's why I stay away from it. However, my dietician did not tell me I couldn't have it. I guess some people have different opinions about things. Mine also said every once in a while having diet sodas is okay, which include caffeine, just in moderation. But I won't sit here and tell you to do it and that it will be fine because I'm not a dietician. Just remember that no one is perfect and you just do the best you can!
    I was doing everything right and eating the right kind of snack before bed, and my fasting numbers in the morning were still too high so I have to inject insulin every night before bed now. Sometimes it still is a few numbers over, but what can you do? It will be over sooner than you think (3 days for me as I am being induced due to insulin) and what you will be rewarded with will more than make up for it! Hang in there!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I feel your pain big time....I am 29 weeks currently and was just also diagnosed to GD...I was also put on the special diet...I gave up smoking as soon as I found out I was pregnant, quit coffee/caffeine when I started having heart palpatations early second trimester....have done my best to eat healthy and excerise because Diabetes runs in the family as well as starting out this pregnant overweight....I still have to go to the Dietation soon to discuss the diet more, but man do I feel like my world has been swisted upside down this pregnancy...and I'm tired of being hungry lol