November 2014 Moms
Options

Low breast milk supply

My supply is slowly dwindling, and I have tried everything! Power pumping, night pumping, even herbal supplements (they just tore my stomach to pieces). My daughter goes to daycare and generally eats 4-4oz bottles between 730am and 530pm, along with 2 solid meals there and 1 at home in the evening. I'm lucky to pump 10oz while I'm driving and at work. Should I see if offering her 3 oz instead of 4 oz per bottle would help? When I'm with her all day on the weekends, it seems like she's not nursing like she used to when I was working part time, so it makes me wonder if I'm telling her daycare to give her too much. She's 8.5 months old and 22 lbs, so I'm not worried about her not eating enough on the current schedule. Any helpful advice is appreciated!
BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Low breast milk supply

• Options
    pchungpchung member
    Is your daycare using paced bottle feeding?  https://youtu.be/UH4T70OSzGs

Oatmeal (or oats), almonds, brewer's yeast, flax, and green vegetables such as spinach are good to increase milk or produce fattier milk.  There is a website called MooNCookies that see lactation cookies that work amazing. 

However, it sounds like your LO my be comfort eating if she is nursing fine when she is with you.  Remember 6 wet diapers is the indication that your LO is getting enough.