May 2015 Moms
Options

Mommy Oops'

So there was a thread on this awhile back but since time has passed & we are all pros now at this (hahaha!), I thought it might be fun to share some recent mommy mishaps. I'll start in the comments.

Re: Mommy Oops'

• Options
    When I was changing DD's poopy diaper and diligently wiping and putting Desitin on her, I didn't realize I put the poopy diaper right in the path of DS' foot. He is a squirmy little guy and had kicked his way to a VERY poopy foot! Yuck! Oops!
  • Options
    Crap something happened yesterday that made me think of that old thread... now I can't remember what the oops was!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband dropped the milk bottle on top of baby's head. Lol. Whoops!
  • Options
    Baby was screaming with gas pains one day last week. I poorly timed the gripe water drop and she ended up inhaling it mid scream. She choked so bad I had her upside down and popping her back trying to help her get it out. It was tragic for the both of us. I feel so terrible about it...
  • Options
    DH filled the baby tub to give DS a bath while I got him ready. He dropped the tub while moving it. Water EVERYWHERE. We had to pull out our fridge to clean as that's where the majority of it seemed to go. The good news is I don't have to wash the floors again for a while!
  • Options
    DH needed more shirts so we went shopping at the outlets. Get there eat lunch at a place nearby, and when we are getting the stroller out, I realized we left the diaper bag at home! Parent fail..luckily Walmart was nearby so I went and fed her at a mothers lounge there while DH had to make a diaper/wipe run! Luckily no blowouts that day! I felt weird being in the lounge and not covering up to feed. It was connected to the restroom and everybody walked by. Also DH came back with overnight diapers which he had no idea they made. At least they were the right size! Now I'll never forget it again!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kae42Kae42 member
    Boiled water, poured it in the French press, let it steep for 3 minutes AND poured it into a mug before realizing I forgot to put the coffee in there.
    Oh and same day: hung all the cloth diapers after only the rinse cycle.. Had to take them all back down and put them in the wash again. While hanging them the first time I remember thinking that it was weird that there were so many stains...
  • Options
    Kae42 said:
    Boiled water, poured it in the French press, let it steep for 3 minutes AND poured it into a mug before realizing I forgot to put the coffee in there. 

This makes me feel better about reaching into the cutlery drawer this morning, grabbing a BUTTER KNIFE, and actually trying to eat cereal with it (put in the bowl and tried to pick up a mini wheat!) before realizing that said knife was not a spoon! 
    My Oops with my LO is not timing the warm bottle nipple spew (please tell me this happens to all bottle feeders) right, and a stream of warm boob milk went from chin to forehead before finally getting it into her mouth! I decided that this oops was equaled out when I went to feed her at her next feeding, and the stream went directly into her mouth. Hah.

• Options
    prettilee said:

Kae42 said:

This makes me feel better about reaching into the cutlery drawer this morning, grabbing a BUTTER KNIFE, and actually trying to eat cereal with it (put in the bowl and tried to pick up a mini wheat!) before realizing that said knife was not a spoon! 
    My Oops with my LO is not timing the warm bottle nipple spew (please tell me this happens to all bottle feeders) right, and a stream of warm boob milk went from chin to forehead before finally getting it into her mouth! I decided that this oops was equaled out when I went to feed her at her next feeding, and the stream went directly into her mouth. Hah.

I don't bottle feed I EBF but I've sprayed LO in the face a hand full of timed.
  • Options
    kby721kby721 member
    Somehow DH got this really tiny dress on DD. It had super small arm holes and no buttons or any give around the arms. After torturing poor DD to try to get it off of her we ended up breaking out the scissors and cutting the darn thing off of her.
  • Options
    When my 4 year old was about 1, I accidently locked myself out of the house while she was inside. I went outside to get something out of the car and closed the door. I freaked out and got the neighbor. He got the door open a few minutes later. When I got back in there I saw that she was sitting in the exact spot I left her. Haha....
  • Options
    mars8kmars8k member
    edited July 2015
    I still put the diaper on backwards Sometimes and only realize when i'm looking for the tapes, LO is 11 weeks! Lol
  • Options
    @mars8k - I do that too! Today I had a defective diaper - no tab on one side. I was completely mind-blown because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Kept figuring I was doing it wrong. I finally confirmed for myself that it was in fact missing a tab & I wasn't crazy!
  • Options
    mars8k said:
    I still put the diaper on backwards Sometimes and only realize when i'm looking for the tapes, LO is 11 weeks! Lol
    With me it's snapping up the onesie.  I get her pants on and then have to pull them down again to snap her up.