March 2015 Moms
Options

Night time crying

daniellarhhdaniellarhh member
edited July 2015 in March 2015 Moms
my daughter is 17 weeks old today. For the past 2 months, at around 7pm she will scream and cry (with actual tears) leaving me struggling with what to do! Nothing I seem to do will soothe her. I've been to see my GP plenty of times, and I've tried literally everything! Infacol, colic granuals, teething gel & granuals, gaviscon reflux and stay down formula. so yeah, literally anything! Last night she was particularly bad. She screamed from 6pm until she went to sleep at 10:30pm. In that time, I took her for a walk, a drive, gave her a bath and still nothing seemed to calm her down! The night before, she did spend the night at the mother in law's who's not the smartest and she hasn't got the foggiest of what she's doing, despite having 2 of her own! any other moms suffer from this night crying? Don't know what else I can do, I feel useless knowing nothing I can do to help my LO

Re: Night time crying

• Options
    Yes! Mine started it maybe a week ago! He is teething though which I think may be contributing to it but it's like no matter what you try to do or how you comfort him he just screams and moans! Last night he woke up screaming around 3 am and I couldn't get him calm until 5.. I'm hoping it's just a phase. He turned 17 weeks last Wednesday.
  • Options
    @SMac2013 lucky you it's only been a week haha mine is also teething, but it baffles me as to why it's only evening time! It's a horrible feeling, I sometimes find myself sat in the garden in tears because I just don't know what else I can do to help my daughter who is obviously in pain! Seeing my GP, she said it will get easier as she gets older but how much older will she have to get before this goes! I ended up going for a hour drive last night to try calm her but she screamed every single mile until she fell asleep just as I pulled up on the drive! Typical. Then having to transfer her from car seat to cot which obviously disturbed her so she started screaming again. Hopefully your LO won't be half as bad as mine! She's fine in the day. as soon as 7pm hits, all hell breaks loose!