July 2015 Moms
Options

# 2 while giving birth (T.M.I)

nepsa123nepsa123 member
edited July 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Okay I know this is a gross topic! But is it common to have a bowel movement while giving birth?

Re: # 2 while giving birth (T.M.I)

• Options
    Very common bc how you push is similar to going #2
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    Sadly yes lol but they won't even say you did they just wipe you and keep going
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sadly....yes. happened to me with #2....kiss all dignity goodbye!!!
  • Options
    Yes. You will poop. No one actually cares though. In fact, it shows you are pushing well and that is a good thing.
  • Options
    I pooped before I was even pushing and due to epidural really had no control, nurses said it was a good sign that baby was making his way down and sure enough he was!
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    Oh man! :-S Actually had this discussion last night! Don't mind nurses etc seeing it, but would rather my hubby not!! Lol
  • Options
    Because of pretty heavy pressure and involuntary pushing from time I was 7 cm there was some peeing and pooping going on.. Midwive said that it means I'm pushing the way I'm supposed to.
  • Options
    Very common. In our birth class, the L&D nurse said it's more uncommon that it doesn't happen. As others have said, you won't even notice if you're pushing since the sensation is the same and they definitely won't say anything about it.
  • Options
    I didn't know I did with ds1 my lovely husband told me I did later. He didn't care at all. I was pushing out our baby.
  • Options
    rw3190rw3190 member
    Oh I know! I know hes seen everything down there but that's not a memory I want mine to have either!!
  • Options
    Yep and I didn't even care at that point lol. I didn't know I did until hubby decided I might want to know lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I pooped 13 times the day I had my baby and STILL pooped in labor. Your body is producing lots of outward flowing energy and pooping is part of that.
  • Options
    I've got a bunch of friends who work in maternity and delivery. So many woman are proud of the fact that they didn't poop. The truth is that the nurses just don't tell you. It's a completely normal part of the process. It's nothing to be ashamed about but yeah...if bub wasn't breech hubby would be up by my head the whole time.

A little mystery never hurt anyone ;)
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• Options
    I didn't but I attribute that to the first push her head was out, the second her body. I'm sure if I had to push for a longer time it would have been more likely to happen.
  • Options
    Yep, I did everything, pee, poo, puked... But I didn't care at the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It happened to me when I was pushing my first, but no one in the room cares, they just want you to keep pushing so that your bundle of joy comes out. I had my husband, my sister, my mother and my mother in law in the room, plus the nurses and doctor. It was pretty crowded, but the only thing you care about is pushing and getting your baby out.

Currently pregnant and waiting for my second to come
  • Options
    I'm glad I didn't. My dr was very adamant about her patients doing a enema before giving birth
  • Options
    Pretty sure I did. Nobody said anything, but I did see the dr grab a little brown paper bag at one point to put down there. My husband hasn't said a word about it and I'd rather not bring it up. So, it's a mystery to me!
  • Options
    I've worked on the basis I will poo. And I've repeatedly told my Husband that I will so he's prepared. I don't think there's such thing as "tmi" with them at this stage!
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    …so just thinking… Not sure why, this would be really gross in a water birth situation LOL
  • Options
    I pooped with this one. DH simply said, "that was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen." Lmbo, negroe please... and he's a nurse!
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    Wow!!! @melavalos !!! That is love!! BTW love your LO's owl hat!!
  • Options
    If I'm pushin that hard and I don't poop.. I might have to come home and add some all bran to my diet LOL
  • Options
    ecloho said:

…so just thinking… Not sure why, this would be really gross in a water birth situation LOL

Not as gross as you'd think. I pooped in the water and didn't even really notice. Again, I pooped a lot that day so it wasn't much.