July 2015 Moms
Options

How many false alarms have you had as a FTM?

So I am 40 weeks pregnant today and I feel so dumb because I have been to the hospital 3 times thinking I was in labor and I am sure these nurses are about sick of me lol. The first time happened at 37 weeks and I thought my water broke because I leaked alot of fluid so I was nervous, it turned out I probably just peed myself a little. The second time I was 38 weeks and I was having consistent contractions all evening. Went on a walk , tried taking a hot shower, tried using a heating pad and then finally went to hospital to find out it was beginning stages of labor and the third time was last night and I woke up in the middle of the night with what I thought to be contractions I could not bare and coming strong every 2 minutes. My husband rushed me to hospital only to find out they were bad gas pains . It was so embarressing. Has anyone else had these same kind of experiences? I am feeling really down about it. I am not in a rush for the baby to come just was nervous when all these things happened.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Ugh no I'm the opposite. 39+5 and absolutely NO signs of labor at all besides some menstrual-like cramping at night which usually disappears by morning. I think I lost a tiny bit of my mucus plug last night and that had me all excited like it really meant something lol. I think when I finally do feel something real I will be jumping the gun too! No need to feel bad- it's always better to be safe than sorry! Plus as FTMs it's not like we know exactly what to expect!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't lost any of my mucus plug I don't think. But yes it's so hard as a FTM to know what exactly to watch for and to know when your in labor. It sucks :(
  • Options
    I know I feel really down to about it. I am glad I am not alone though. We will all soon have our babies in our arms :)
  • Options
    yup, it's soooo hard but we gotta hang in! good luck with you honey!
  • Options
    I've had one false alarm. Went to the hospital having contractions every 5 minutes but I wasn't progressing so they sent me home & said they'd be shocked if I didn't have her within the next couple days.... A week later & here I am, still pregnant! Lol
  • Options
    I'm not a FTM. I went a week ago because contractions were coming 4 mins apart. No unbearable but uncomfortable. I was sent home with them saying I'm at the beginning stage of Labor. I'm not progressing. I'm still waiting! I've been cramping for 2 days and still nothing. I've lost my plug already abt a week ago but nothing! Going to the doctor's tomorrow. Hopefully, we have some progress!!! I also went on July 1st because I thought  my water was leaking, turns out it wasn't.