March 2015 Moms
Options

Experiences with Mirena?

Ive had the Mirena in for three months now and I haven't stopped bleeding since and I have period like cramps every day! Was anyone else's experience like this? My doctor says that's normal and I'm about ready to have him take it out. It's so nice not to even have to think about birth control though.

Re: Experiences with Mirena?

• Options
    Yeah forget spotting. I have a non stop period. But I'm going to try to stick it out
  • Options
    Ugh me too!!! He kept saying "well I told you there would be spotting" this is more like a period lol. How long have you had yours? I'll give it another month I guess.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have Mirena as well. My heavy period like spotting lasted about 4-6 weeks. I also get crampy at times, but I feel like it could also be when my period would have normally come. It still pokes my husband during sex though. I'm not thrilled to have this thing in but the other options don't sound that much better. I'm planning to go have my strings checked soon to see if thy can at least trim them. They poke me too sometimes!
  • Options
    SB524SB524 member
    Spotting for months is completely normal unfortunately. Invest in lots of black undies! The good news is that after about a year I had no bleeding or period at all.
    7/09 miracle DD born
    3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
    9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
    10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
    11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
    12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
    http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
    Dori
    "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"