Parenting after 35
Options

Baby weight loss check-in 7/12

1. How many weeks postpartum?
2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)?
3. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight?
4. What is your overall plan?
5. How did last week go?
6. What is your plan for the upcoming week?

QOTW - What is your favorite junk food?

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: Baby weight loss check-in 7/12

• Options
    14 weeks
    2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)?
    AF paid a visit last week and I lost 4lbs of water weight. So now I have 6lbs to go. BUT....I am the type that gains and loses fat OR muscle very easily. So let's talk size instead of numbers. I need to drop 1 size to be at my pre-baby size
    I don't really know because my old scale was 20lbs off. And I don't know when it broke. But I need to drop 3 sizes to get to my ideal size. That was my triathlon race size. One size smaller than that (where I was in high school) looks sickly.
    I'm slowly adding cardio and strength-training minutes per week. My eventual goal is 3 hours of cardio, 1 hour of strength, 1 hour of flexibility. But I have a ways to go.

For diet, DH and I talk about eating paleo. But really, we're just limiting our grain and dairy intake. It's not the actual paleo diet.

5. How did last week go?
    Last week (whoa, font change....WTF) Last week, I finally accepted that my workout times do not correspond with lap lane availability at the gym, at least not in the summer. I did 30 minutes on the spin bike and 3 hours walking total. I also got in about 30 minutes (total) of strength training, spaced throughout the week. I need to hash out a new gym schedule though, to work around the swim team and day camp.

Try swimming in the evening after the kids go to bed, instead of trying to go during lunch or before work. No diet changes. Doing well there!

My favorite junk food is chocolate, but it's so readily available that it's easy to pass on. The one I never pass up? Movie popcorn. I love it in all of it's horrible fatty buttery greasy goodness. And since we rarely go to the movies (once or twice a year?) I indulge when we get the chance.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    mindaamindaa member
    edited July 2015
    6 weeks

8-10

Keep exercising to tone up, but I know exercise will just make me hungrier, so the biggest change needs to be in minimizing junk food. And volume of food I'm general.

5. How did last week go?
    I'm down another two pounds after plateauing for a couple weeks. The driving kept me from getting as much movement as usual, but we didn't pack any junky snacks or stop for fast food, so my eating was pretty good.

I'm six weeks pp, so I can get back to more exercise!

Omg, everything. Donuts, brownies, french fries, ice cream... I can't pick just one :(
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks postpartum? 12 wks

How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)? Still at 10 lbs.

How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight? 10 lbs

What is your overall plan? Still doing my exercise DVD and walks with kids, cutting out desserts and more salads.

How did last week go? Stuck to the plan - DVD 5x and walked DS to camp 3x during the week. Also stuck to eating plan pretty well but had to use up zucchini from CSA basket and made some zucchini bread that I overindulged in - I need a healthier option for baked goods if anyone had it.

What is your plan for the upcoming week? Stick to the plan - though feeling frustrated at how slow weight is coming off - a pound a week (roughly) - which I know is the healthiest, but I've been working pretty hard at this and am impatient to get into my clothes again.

QOTW - What is your favorite junk food? Chocolate anything.

DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    1. How many weeks postpartum? 8.5
    2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)? 6
    3. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight? 9-10
    4. What is your overall plan? Walk at least an hour a day and zero tolerance for junk food; I am leaning toward getting a fitbit.
    5. How did last week go? I lost a pound, but I think it was from the lack of sleep and pure exhaustion rather than anything else.
    6. What is your plan for the upcoming week? Catch up on sleep, then come up with a plan. *yawn*

QOTW - What is your favorite junk food? I'm with @xuxachi - a big chocoholic.  I also have a very weak spot for almond croissants and homemade muffins (carrot walnut*, omg).

*the full fat kind
  • Options

2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight?
    15 lbs still (:|

15 lbs

Attend weekly WW meetings, keep food records, move more.

5. How did last week go?
    Well, I went over my points and - shocker - I gained 2 lbs back of the 4 lbs I had lost. Damn you, Red Robin. I'd really like to start running again but I don't have childcare and DS is still too little to run with in the BOB. Exercise always influences my eating habits in a good way. I have taken two purposeful brisk walks.

Attend my WW Meeting and stay in my points. Increase brisk walking to daily.

QOTW: Doritos by far. I can't even have them in my house. And I'm not even kidding!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jerseygirl227jerseygirl227 member
    edited July 2015
    Almost two weeks
    7.6 pounds
    32.6 pounds (getting married May 29)
    Increase walking as able (still recovering from c-section); eat more fruits, vegetables and protein
    5. How did last week go?
    Was just trying to survive last week.  Feeling much better now that I'm almost two weeks pp.

Just try to increase activity level.

I love potato chips and onion dip.  Also wine and cheese and Italian bread.  Yum!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker