July 2015 Moms
Options

Reasons it's awesome your baby hasn't come yet

OK, it's not awesome to wait. It SUCKS. 

But in the interest of preserving sanity, I thought it might be nice to think about why it's SO GREAT that we're still pregnant. Here are some I came up with:
  1. The longer we carry our babies, the cleaner (less vernix), cuter, and chubbier they will be at birth! 
  2. If you have to go back to work, your baby will be more developed. Right? Because they're still developing in utero--it's not like they start to mature only once they're born. (I always fret over the fact that most babies are just starting to recognize faces when the typical maternity leave ends and if I carry him an extra week, that might mean an extra week of him recognizing my face before I have to put him in daycare)
  3. Bonus brain cells. I read that a baby's brain continues to develop until birth. We're just growing little geniuses!
  4. Trainwreck comes out today, and guess who doesn't have an infant keeping them at home? Us!
Any others?

image BabyFruit Ticker

Married 10-15-2011
BFP 10-30-2014
Baby's due 7-08-2015

Re: Reasons it's awesome your baby hasn't come yet

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love this thread. I'm going to see Trainwreck tomorrow...just a matinee though because I can't hang. Lol
  • Options
    I'm definitely taking advantage of swimming and playing with my other two children
  • Options
    Will someone take a nap for me? My LO likes to be a night owl.
  • Options
    I can still nap. I can still float in the swimming pool. And I am also going to see Trainwreck today :-)
  • Options
    I was told I was gonna get induced this wed. Bc of low fluid, but it didn't go that way. Which I am happy about bc like you said the baby will develop and grow more and I'm glad of that, I was just set on the idea of having my baby boy with me.. But he will come when he's ready
  • Options
    Cramming in several date nights with the hubby! We saw Ant Man last night. Tonight we're goi g to dinner and then going to see Trainwreck. I can still enjoy the pool. And, hubby still gets everything for me :) Oh and naps. Naps are good too.
  • Options
    Thanks for this! I'm 40 + 2 and wondering if she'll be a cancer or leo too!
  • Options
    Even though the uncomfortableness is now constantly present this late in the game, I am going to miss this big o belly. I love feeling him move and talking/singing to him when we're alone. I STILL giggle when he surprises me with an unexpected movement (NOT the rib shots though). I guess I'm starting to get a bit sentimental knowing the next phase is around the corner.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @shannonota I took a 2 hour nap today :D
  • Options
    I'm happy he is growing and getting bigger/stronger! 37 weeks tomorrow.

I also got to enjoy a wonderful birthday dinner last night at a fine dining restaurant and went and watched Trainwreck after!
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• Options
    The only reason I can think of to be glad I'm still pregnant at 40+1 is that my baby won't be born covered in hair... I'm not going to lie, that was a huge fear of mine.
  • Options

@shannonota I took a 2 hour nap today :D

I'm so jealous!! I did sneak in 30 mins earlier but I would love 2 hours of uninterrupted, peaceful sleep lol
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
  • Options
    Naps everyday :) lots and lots of Netflix!! We are due on Tuesday and although I would love for baby to come now, it is nice that we cons enjoy some extra time just the two of us. If we are still just the two of us tomorrow, we plan on seeing ant man :)
  • Options
    So needed this !!!!!!! I'm also going to see train wreck tomorrow afternoon. Cant friggen wait, it looks hilarious! We've been going up to my in laws trailer every weekend, and if LO doesn't make an appearance this weekend, we are headed there tomorrow after the movie. It's so nice to hang out there and sit in the sun or around the campfire at night and relax :)
  • Options
    mrsrep123 said:

Even though the uncomfortableness is now constantly present this late in the game, I am going to miss this big o belly. I love feeling him move and talking/singing to him when we're alone. I STILL giggle when he surprises me with an unexpected movement (NOT the rib shots though). I guess I'm starting to get a bit sentimental knowing the next phase is around the corner.

You are not the only one. :-)
  • Options
    Constipation after having a baby is the worst you have ever experienced. Especially if you have stitches. Ouch!!!!!!!
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    Enjoying long showers still...well as long as I can stand standing up...
  • Options
    DH and I are making a whole day of our last Saturday as child free people (induction scheduled for Thursday). Lots of sleeping in and laying around, reading, SILENCE, TV shows that we actually have to pay attention to in order to enjoy, and tonight we're going for a big fancy dinner at a place that is not kid friendly at all! At first, I was bummed about baby not being here since I'm past my due date, but I'm actually really enjoying the time with just us. We've known each other since we were kids, so this really is the end of 20 years of "just us".