Pregnant after a Loss

Advise please!!!!

So I am 31 and just had a frozen embryo transfer that ended in a miscarraige in April and has a D&c. Then 3 wks later I had a period and got pregnant on our own a miracle and miscarried this baby had a d&c. So I was wondering if it's okay to try again once I get my period. I had to do IVF to get my daughter and frozen transfers are so expensive. But is there any reason not to try after a miscarraige? I guess bc I miscarried this baby too. Any advise would be great! Thanks
TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Advise please!!!!

• PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    edited July 2015
    My first doctor recommended waiting three months, but the doctor that I saw who investigated my loss said that there really wasn't any science to that. We waited the three months recommended by our first doctor, but my periods were also super, duper light so I was concerned that the lining in my uterus hadn't built back up enough to support a pregnancy before then. My husband's mom did get pregnant with him right after a loss, though and that obviously went well. I'm not sure if she miscarried naturally or had a D&C. What does your doctor recommend?
  • My fertility doctor didn't tell me anything I need to ask her. This last pregnancy was total shock. We have been together 7 yrs and never been pregnant I have bad endo that's why we did IVF! Thanks for your input! Appreciate it
    TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If I had 2 losses back to back I would want to wait a couple cycles and pursue testing to see if there was an underlying issue.

With my first loss we waited 3 cycles to try (my dr recommends one cycle for physical recovery and two more for emotional recovery). I'm waiting to miscarry again now (3+ years and one child later) and we will wait at least 2 cycles, maybe 3.

Some people try immediately and have success though! Personally I want to give my body a break to recover.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Thanks ladies I had my first miscarraige tested but the lab didn't find the embryo and I an waiting to see if they find anything on this embryo.
  • I'd have then test your blood, it's easy to do and will tell you if you have a clotting issue which causes a lot of miscarriages. I found out that I had a folic acid deficiency. That didn't cause my first loss, trisomy 13 did, but it was definitely something that I needed to know about and treat before getting pregnant again.
  • Ok I will definantly do that! My doc also wanted to karyotype my blood for balanced translocation which can cause miscarraiges! I am not sure how much that will cost.
  • Hopefully your insurance will cover the karyotype. Mine did after 3 losses. My DH does have a balanced translocation so let me know if you have any questions.
  • Oh okay thanks so much I will let you know.
  • The doctor can always bill it so your insurance will cover it. I was 34 when I had my loss so I didn't want to wait around for more. My doctor just billed it as "unexplained recurrent" and our insurance covered everything.
  • ash413ash413 member

So I am 31 and just had a frozen embryo transfer that ended in a miscarraige in April and has a D&c. Then 3 wks later I had a period and got pregnant on our own a miracle and miscarried this baby had a d&c. So I was wondering if it's okay to try again once I get my period. I had to do IVF to get my daughter and frozen transfers are so expensive. But is there any reason not to try after a miscarraige? I guess bc I miscarried this baby too. Any advise would be great! Thanks

I have had 2 Mc and each time my OB said we were free to try after my first period. My last Mc, was a blighted ovum in October, which my body was ableft to pass without intervention. We started TTC once I got my period, which wasn't until December. We ended up getting pregnant on the 2nd cycle, and I am 22 weeks now.

If your doctor hasn't said otherwise, I don't think there is any harm in trying once you get your first period.
  • Okay thank you I will try again once I get my period! This last baby was also a blighted ovum nothing but a yolk sac. My insurance covers the karyotype test so will be getting that as well. Congrats on your pregnancy!