Babies on the Brain

This weekend..

I am going to spend it reading TCOYF. I need to fully understand charting everything out. My mom is taking our little guy for the night tomorrow, so we will be relaxing in an empty house. Enjoying the rare silence.

What are your plans?

Re: This weekend..

• For the first time in months, we have no specific plans.  Sundays are always for cleaning, grocery shopping, and cooking.  Tomorrow we might go to town lake and then maybe a movie at night.  Suppose to be good weather.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
  • DH is out for a bachelor party weekend and won't be home until late Sunday. My mom is coming over tomorrow to watch the kids so I can spend some time fixing up an office space for him (and maybe some other chores that just never seem to get done too).
  • Loading the player...
  • We're going to the Cubs/Sox game with my family. Should be a lot of fun! We're a family divided.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Tomorrow is our 7th anniversary and we are going out to try a new restaurant in town.  Maybe see a movie or something before hand.  It should be a good weekend.  :)

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Sadly I have to work this weekend but I plan on spending any extra time reading TCOYF. I just got the new version of my kindle
  • Food Truck Festival on Saturday. 
    Annnd a couple of my gf's and I do a dinner night rotation. Whoever makes the main entree hosts at their apartment, and we either bring an appetizer or a dessert. That's roughly planned for Sunday. Haven't heard any details yet tho. Haha.
    houston, tx. eharmony 7.3.11. married 3.7.15. oilfield wife.

• We have some friends coming to visit so we'll do dinner out Friday night and winery hopping on Saturday!
  • I'm visting my friend in Az. (I live in North Dakota) With her 6 kids and my 2, my baby fever isn't driving me nearly as insane as it normally is. Lol It's a nice distraction. Have a great weekend!
  • I know where you're coming from, @lotsofsunshine. I spent the past week with my nephews (one is almost 4 and one is a few days old). The newborn was easy, it's the 3-year old that is quite the handful. I lost my baby fever for a couple days there.
  • @LavenderBrown1018 , how fun! I think being around a newborn right now would just about kill me. My baby fever is rediculous!
  • HookEmNelsonHookEmNelson member
    edited July 2015
    @lotsofsunshine the baby fever is the worst for me right now. My assistant found a sticky note with my scribbling of our non existent/unborn children's names on it. Thankfully she knows the plan, but it happened.

I need me a little babe. I miss nursing/not so much pumping. I want to see our 3.5 year old be a big brother so bad!
  • Oh and this weekend we are cleaning every crevice of our house. I love a clean house. Love.
  • Husband is at a bachelor party and I'm working this weekend. Joys of being a nurse, hospital doesn't close unfortunately. Supposed to be a beautiful weekend, wish I could enjoy it. But hopefully every one else does.
  • @HookEmNelson, Oh no! Glad she knew your plan. That would be awkward if the wrong person found it. Haha. I left hubby home with a list of honey dos. I think I'm having pre pregnancy nesting. Lol
  • I'm going to a "Sweet Fantasy" Mariah Carey-themed birthday party in Coney Island tomorrow :) 

I was thinking about reading TCOYF next as well!  I'm due for a non-fiction book next, and I've seen a lot of people here recommend it.

• @housewifehobbyist definitely check TCOYF out. I am hooked.