December 2015 Moms

Fun Friday GTKY

I know some of our favorite beloved threads have been closed. Maybe this will be a fun, non-TOU abusing thread. ;)

I'm so glad some of you were comfortable enough to post more this week. Keep it up!

1. Weekend plans?
2. Which character from Mean Girls do you identify with?
3. What's pissing you off today?
4. Of course, a fantastic gif.

Re: Fun Friday GTKY

• Loading the player...
  • @Mother0fDragons Bill Nye has taught me so much over the years. ;)
  • taysuntaysun member
    1. Weekend plans?
    No idea, hoping they involve fish and chips.
    Regina George with a twist of Cady. I mean I'm totally capable of being nice but I'm known as the sassy sarcastic mean one who says it like it is in my friendship group.
    The fact that I have no kitchen sink! It was leaking and when they tried to fix it two days ago it ended up getting ripped out as the problem was worse than we thought :(
  • 1. Watch my bearded dragon lay her eggs and binge watch everything on Netflix
    2. I'd have to say Cady lol
    3. I'm cramping, it's hot, and now it's storming outside.
    4. I still can't gif and it's extremely heartbreaking, I'm still trying though! Sorry to disappoint.. :(( :))
  • 1. Short trip to Fl
    2. Honestly (this belongs in FFFC) I only saw the movie once and don't remember any names other than Regina George... but that is definitely not me.  I am a bit more introverted than all that.
    3. Surprisingly, I don't feel super stabby about anything today.  Maybe because I ate a huge lunch so am not hungry and have decent blood sugar levels?
  • 1. Weekend plans? Have no idea!  It's my birthday and hubby is supposed to surprise me.  I'm hoping its fun and pregnancy doable, and doesn't end with me having to help his drunk ass up a flight of stairs to our apartment. This is how most of our birthday celebrations end except that we're both drunk and helping each other.  I miss booze! 

2. Which character from Mean Girls do you identify with? I haven't seen it in a long time, so I'm not quite sure.  Is there a character that refuses to conform and just does her own thing?  If yes, that would be me.

3. What's pissing you off today? DH hasn't gotten his state driver license and state license plate even though I've been hounding him about this since May, the license plate is expired, and we've lived in this new state for over a year.  Ugh!  If he gets a ticket he'll discover what pregnancy rage actually means.

4. Of course, a fantastic gif. Me in December!

• 1. I have to work all weekend.
    2. I think I'm becoming a Cady... definitely shy but lately I've been breaking free!
    3. I'm really not mad today.

• magburt said:

@spottedginger pretty please go watch it ASAP. It's on Netflix!

@Embuzz247 your hubs is a jelly chef?! What flavor?!

Lol it's strawberry and he made 4 large mason jars full....what the eff am I going to do with all the jelly? He's never made jelly. He gets ideas in his head and has to do them. I get to clean up the mess after. He's so lucky it was yummy.
  • Embuzz247 said:

magburt said:

Lol it's strawberry and he made 4 large mason jars full....what the eff am I going to do with all the jelly? He's never made jelly. He gets ideas in his head and has to do them. I get to clean up the mess after. He's so lucky it was yummy.
    What's the difference between jelly and jam? I love grape jelly and jalapeño jelly. Mmmmm.
  • 1. Cleaning and starting to pack for our vacation that finally starts next weekend!
    2. Cady! Shy at first then can get quite feisty once people get to know me.
    3. This heartburn that I currently have. I'm also starving but don't wanna risk it getting worse.

• magburt said:

Embuzz247 said:

magburt said:

What's the difference between jelly and jam? I love grape jelly and jalapeño jelly. Mmmmm.
    I have absolutely no idea! Lol

• flyingmombulaflyingmombula member
    edited July 2015
    1. Weekend plans? Rest my achey feet. Make and consume: street corn dip (SO GOOD) and funfetti cupcakes with funfetti icing (bought today). Start reading some of the infant & toddler care + behavior & breastfeeding books I bought (and baby bargains!)-- they arrive tomorrow acc'd to amazon. (toddler stuff is a bit early but I wanted it for work! I have the todds class at a daycare/preschool)
     2. Which character from Mean Girls do you identify with? Janis. I am feeling uninterested and suspicious of all the perky and fakey people in my life, even in a slightly mean and underhanded way at times... BUT I am fiercely protective of those I love always. 
     3. What's pissing you off today? This one kid in my class-- or maybe his parents. He's like 18 months old and suuuper cute (he's mixed with kinky blonde curls and gray eyes), but he's so bad. I cannot get him to listen or do anything. And, worse, I'm worried about him (or just feel bad for him?) He's the eleventh boy in his family. He comes to school without shoes everyday, and sometimes in the same clothes. His mom drops him off at 6:30 and picks him up at 6 (open to close). She gets off work at 2PM! The other day she brought him in and said he hadn't eaten, but 'could run to mcdonalds real quick if we want.' (is it judgey that this made me mad?) I don't know what I can do for him. One of the other teachers says it'll get better with structure and routine, but for now it's impossible to get him to stick to anything. I think he's acting out because he's neglected at home.

SaveSave
  • 1. Pool and reading time, seeing trainwreck, doing work my boss left behind when she left our district
    2. Karen. Or the girl with a heavy flow and a wide set vagina.
    3. I don't think I got pissed today but I saw Jurassic world to appease DH and it sucked balls ( with the exception of Chris Pratt )
    4. Good lord I suck at gifting from my phone and I refuse to go get my computer -I apologize if it doesn't work.image
  • Oh good it worked three times. Sorry guys:)
  • ksrkimksrkim member
    edited July 2015
    1. Going to a bachelorette party that is a 2 hour drive from my house.
    2. Ms. Norbury I think
    3. Today was a mellow day but I'm a bit annoyed about being sober at bachelorette.
    4. This is my first gif attempt (I was inspired to learn after the fun threads that have since been shut down :( )

For the fellow Friends lovers. Wish I thought to say this to DH last time he asked me about what I should/should not be eating.

• ksrkimksrkim member
    edited July 2015
    Let's try this again...
  • 1. Weekend plans?
    Going to a birthday party for one of the babies from my S13 BMB :) and then DH has some stuff he wants to do on Sunday.

Probably Cady or Ms. Norbury.

Nothing much. A/C in my car is going out, so dropped it off this morning and they gave me a loaner, but do you understand what you have to go through to switch to a loaner when you have a toddler?

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 1. Paperwork and school work. Just started my classes and am already behind.

2. I'm a Cady. In real life and in bump land. Quiet at first and observing everyone's behavior before becoming part of the group.

3. I hate work! I love my job but I am so tired I just want to stay home and not have to keep catching up here. Also I have had no time to clean my house and now will have even less time with school starting again. I need a cleaning fairy and a money tree.

4. Because two things I love are dachshunds and penguins
  • Hi all!
    1. Weekend plans are: starting a baby registry at BRU and going to Pieology because I need pizza!
    2. I think more like Gretchen, I try to be nice but end up being mean. But most of the time, the mean-nes is on purpose.
    3.Nothing much is pissing me off. I was a happy camper today.
    4. I cannot gif :((

@angetralala Kung Pow
  • I'll play.
    1. Getting our upstairs rearranged to prep for the nursery

2. Probably Janis. What you see is what you get, I'm not too invested in social circles but deeply value my close relationships

3. I'm generally not a complainer, more of a solver. Maybe the mathlete rapper should have been my spirit animal...

4. image
  • 1. It's already Saturday night (Australia) and I shopped for baby crap all day. Will wash it all and put it away tomorrow and make the cot up. Just a wee bit excited!!! I couldn't stop buying stuff.

2. Probably Cady?

3. It's Saturday night, my bed sheets are finished in the dryer and my bed won't magically make itself because it's crap.

4. Bit of an Archer fan

Archer is our fave!! I may have not so jokingly suggested archer as a boy name.
  • kristen2b said:

1. It's already Saturday night (Australia) and I shopped for baby crap all day. Will wash it all and put it away tomorrow and make the cot up. Just a wee bit excited!!! I couldn't stop buying stuff.

2. Probably Cady?

3. It's Saturday night, my bed sheets are finished in the dryer and my bed won't magically make itself because it's crap.

4. Bit of an Archer fan

Archer is our fave!! I may have not so jokingly suggested archer as a boy name.
    My DH wanted to use it!!! I liked the nickname Archie but we ended up going with a different name.

We are a season or two behind in Australia. Archer Vice came out ages ago and then I've seen nothing since then!!! It's enough to make a hormonal pregnant woman cry.
  • meansallisonmeansallison member
    edited July 2015
    1. Weekend plans?
    ultrasound this morning, taking our 3 dogs to the park and then some serious napping :)

Definitely Cady, well in the beginning. Especially in high school. And we are both red heads!

woke up, made my waffles just to realize I'm out of milk. I have to drink milk with breakfast or it just doesn't feel right.

I am unable to gif on mobile

@magburt I think this was an awesome GTKY!
  • @rain0831boww where in Indiana are you from?
  • @rain0831boww where in Indiana are you from?

NW Indiana. The "Region" lol
    Due 11.16.17
    Baby Girl 12.9.15
    MC 2.1.15 @ 5 W - Chemical
    MC 4.7.14 @ 21 W - Turners Syndrome