Baby Names

Girl names - Poll

edited July 2015 in Baby Names
I realize our naming style may not be yours, but I'm in serious need of opinions. Baby girl will be here in a month and every time I think we are close to settling on a name, we end up even further away. Its stressing me out...naming our other kids was not nearly this difficult! I've got a Diana, Kellan, and Lena. These are the two names we keep coming back to. I'd take other suggestions as well. Thanks so much! (Alma, Ruth, and Elaine are all family names)
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Girl names - Poll 123 votes

Alma Ruth/Elaine
42% 52 votes
Celia Alma (nn would be Cece)
57% 71 votes

Re: Girl names - Poll

• I like Celia, but I like the flow of Celia Ruth better.
  • Alma Ruth
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    Celia Ruth or Alma Ruth. I don't like when the first and middle names end with the same sound like Celia Alma.
  • Alma Ruth is beautiful, but like PPs said, I also love Celia Ruth. I would have voted Celia Ruth if that was an option.
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Celia Ruth
  • I like Celia and think it flows better with Ruth.
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    edited July 2015
    Alma Ruth flows the best but kind of sounds like an old lady...Celia Ruth is nice too
  • Alma Ruth! Alma was my grandma's name, and she was the sweetest lady that ever lived. It's adorable!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Both are great, voted for Alma.
  • Celia Ruth would be lovely!
  • I voted for Celia Alma, but I like Celia Ruth better. I am with the previous poster, I also don't like names that have too many of one letter......like all of the A's in Celia Alma.

If Celia Ruth was up there, it would have 100% gotten my vote.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Alma Ruth
  • Celia Alma was my vote but i think Celia Ruth is better.
  • This was hard because I love both of your name combos!
    I would be pleasantly surprised to meet a little alma! So cute!
  • I like Celia much more than Alma, but think Celia Ruth is better.
  • I also vote Celia Ruth! I adore Cece as a nickname.
  • I like Alma Elaine. I like Celia, but I feel like it's already a nickname for Cecilia.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I like Alma! Alma Ruth is very classic.  

I'd put it on my top list but I'm avoiding "A" names.