Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

won't eat

My son is just over a year. He doesn't want to eat. He will drink his milk. He had a stomach bug about a week ago and his appetite hadn't returned. Not sure what to do.

Re: won't eat

• Options
    jmknoxjmknox member
    What does his Pedi say?
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'd ask the Pedi as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She said it may take some time for his appetite to return. He wants what we are eating but he can't always have it because he only has two teeth.
  • Options
    She said it may take some time for his appetite to return. He wants what we are eating but he can't always have it because he only has two teeth.

My 9 month old has 4 teeth and she eats everything we do. There are also ways to alter some of your foods so they work for your LO. For example, we had taco salads last night so I gave DD everything except the lettuce. She had ground beef in a salsa/sour cream combo, black beans, cheese and tomatoes. She loves regular food. Your LO should have been practicing with regular food (solids) by this age anyways. If you don't offer solids he will never learn how to "chew" them.  
  • Options
    Their gums are pretty powerful no matter how many teeth they have. We gave him soft foods bananas, baked apples, mashed potatoes, boiled carrots, cheese, eggs, pasta and bread at first. Ground meat isn't too hard to chew so, meatballs and chicken nuggets were fine. DS went through a few stomach bugs and didn't eat for a week (only drank milk). The dr said the most important thing is staying hydrated. Having enough wet and dirty diapers. One morning he snatched my waffle out of my hand and downed it. I guessed he was feeling better. Beware, their appetite cones back with a vengeance. They make up for lost time. It's like DS is never full now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DD is 19 months today, she JUST cut her 3rd tooth yesterday, got her first 2 teeth at 16 months, and has been eating versions of what we eat since 7 months old (obviously the version looks much more like ours now or the exact same now then they did at 7 months). The only thing I hesitate giving her is raw veggies and steak...otherwise, they can do some damage with just their gums!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I would wait a few more days for his appetite to come back.