June 2015 Moms

Daily routine

I go back to work next month and want to get on a better routine with LO so it's an easier transition.
What does your daily routine look like? I've tried finding one that works but it's been a struggle!

Re: Daily routine

• What are you transitioning to? Daycare? Nanny? What are you concerned about? Naps, feeding, activity? With lo's being so young, I feel a lot of us just follow their cues. In general I do a sleep, feed, activity, (sometimes another feed) and then sleep routine. My LO is only three weeks old though. In general LO's are pretty adaptable to change, so I would try not to worry too much.
  • We don't have an exact schedule, as I feed LO on demand. But he usually feeds every 2.5-3 hours during the day. After his feeding I asses how he is feeling to determine what comes next. If he is happy and alert we "play". Play consists of reading 2-3 books, tummy time, listen to music, baby gym time (kicking/ hitting ball), looking at pictures, and looking at family pictures. It's in no particular order and we may not do all of the activities, but we do try to get 10 minutes of tummy time in 3 times per day. If he is fussy we skip the play and do activities that soothe like walking around, bouncing on the ball, and cuddling. After that he sleeps. He is generally in a good mood so it is feed, play, sleep.

I talked with our babysitter and she was fine without a schedule and feeding on demand.