3rd Trimester

Tracking Movements

So I am 28 weeks 1 day and I was reading up on tracking baby kicks. I read I should have 10 kicks in 10 minutes but I didn't- how do you ladies track movement? How often do you track a day?

Re: Tracking Movements

• 10 movements in 10 minutes? I think you have more time than that. I didn't track movement until I was near then end and only if I noticed a decrease in movement.

For now, you can drink some juice or have a snack then lay on your side and track movement.

• Oh goodness, you have longer than 10 minutes to get 10 movements. The time frame can range but I think a general is 10 movements in 2 hours. That's what my kick counter is tracked for and also what my dr. recommends. But, ask your dr next time what their preference is.

And like pp said, if you're concerned about the activity, you can always call a nurse to be safe! Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Yup, my doctor also told me 10 movements in 2 hours. I don't track every day, just on days when I feel like I maybe haven't felt her move as much as I normally do. You should track movements during the time your baby is most active- My baby is usually wide awake at night around the time I'm going to bed (between 9 and 11) so I'll usually drink something cold, lie on my left side, and count until I reach 10. Once she gets going it usually doesn't take too long for me to reach 10.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My midwife said 10 kicks in 2 hours. She said you might get a flurry of kicks, which is fine, or they might be well spaced out, which is also fine.

Baby will have quiet patches and busy patches, and you might start to see a pattern at certain times of day.

Like pp I only really pay attention if I feel like baby has been quiet or still, but generally find that as soon as I pay attention I feel him moving straight away.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old